Anyone Have Home Made Puzzle Feeders/toys?

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made a homemade puzzle box for toys. At least once a day I gather up as many puff ball toys as I can find and throw them in there, and there is rarely any left when I come back. I had to put some support posts in the middle because them laying on it was causing the cardboard to sag. I started out with only 1 hole in the side, but that proved to be too difficult for them so I added a couple more.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Does any ideas for a treat toy that is not a roll spooky doesn't seem to like tp rolls anymore she loves her wand she gets sick of the toys I buy way too fast this cat is hard to please

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I cut holes in a clear plastic water bottle, fill it with treats or cat kibble and Willow has to roll it to get the treats out. We also play “cups” where I put a treat under a number of small plastic cup and she needs to knock each over to get the treat.

She also has an actual treat puzzle where she needs to move or push levers to get the treat.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
8BFCE88D-79D1-4353-A22B-656A55ACAF2D.jpeg
9D27383A-BE4D-4C14-869C-BD993B7534B6.jpeg
847E72C6-204B-4F99-A642-6D1242F9FD5D.jpeg
Here you go. The bottle has three holes I cut into it with a Xacto knife. She just loves the bottle and finds it for me every night at 8:00 pm. She less enthusiastic about the puzzle game but I put a few treats in it at night and she messes around with it late at night.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love the bottle with treats. I think it might even work for Ruby. I had one of those plastic treat balls, but it didn't go over well. But with the bottle, Ruby would see the treats, so maybe be more inclined to try to get them to come out.

Don't think she'd do much with the cups though. And never saw that puzzle before.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the bottle with treats. I think it might even work for Ruby. I had one of those plastic treat balls, but it didn't go over well. But with the bottle, Ruby would see the treats, so maybe be more inclined to try to get them to come out.

Don't think she'd do much with the cups though. And never saw that puzzle before.
The cups are pretty easy, especially if you use the clear ones but the bottle is the clear winner. I like to use these ice bottles because they are nice and thick. Willow doesn’t get actual treats in it because they are too high calorie. Instead she just gets a different flavor kibble which to her is a treat.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby doesn't get actual treats either, but since she eats mostly canned food, the kibble I give her each day are referred to as "treats".