Anyone have any ideas?

Jessieb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is Foxy. We found her in a school parking lot with no mamma or siblings in sight, she had been meowing so much we actually thought she was a frog croaking until we saw a white streak running. When we took her to the vet he said she was about 3 weeks old and very malnourished. She's about 9 months old now but she's the same size as out other kitten who's 3 1/2 months younger than her, we didn't know if it was because of her breed or because she had a rough start. She's super timid and when we have company you don't even know she's here. Breed wise we don't even know where to start so we came here, thanks for any input. The last picture is when she was a baby. 20210310_105018.jpg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessieb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Typo** she was 5 weeks old when we found her

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty! She looks like a high white pointed calico/tortie tabby. Likely diluted, so blue and cream, rather than black/brown and red :> she‘s low expression red, but that’s probably due to how high white she is than anything else.

She doesn’t look to have any breed ancestry — most cats don’t have any significant relation to any breed (or none at all — only around 2% of cats are pedigree, with little more being true crossbred). Points originated from Siamese cats in the random bred population decades ago, and are now pretty common to show up in cats without breed origin. So I’d describe her as a domestic shorthair. Doesn’t make her any less special, though!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Maurey; domestic shorthair, point and white. Probably tortie too. I want to add, she is a tabby, ie lynx with pointed cats. And thus, a torbie...
Diluted or black? Difficult to be sure, but she seems to be pitch black on the darkest spots; here best visible on the legs backside. So my guess is, not diluted. And as said, she has much white in her; a so called high white or van pattern if you wish.

So the most probable description will be something alike: Domestic shorthair, tortoise lynx point and white in van pattern...

A very sweet and beautiful cat! You both found a high win in the lottery of life!

Jessieb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Than
What a gorgeous kitty! She looks like a high white pointed calico/tortie tabby. Likely diluted, so blue and cream, rather than black/brown and red :> she‘s low expression red, but that’s probably due to how high white she is than anything else.

She doesn’t look to have any breed ancestry — most cats don’t have any significant relation to any breed (or none at all — only around 2% of cats are pedigree, with little more being true crossbred). Points originated from Siamese cats in the random bred population decades ago, and are now pretty common to show up in cats without breed origin. So I’d describe her as a domestic shorthair. Doesn’t make her any less special, though!
Thanks for the input! After I posted this I read a couple other posts and realized the error of my ways about her 'breed' but I couldn't correct it lol. Whether she's a street mutt or a purebred we still love her, her nickname is dutchess like from the aristocrats because she acts prim and proper all the time.

Jessieb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with Maurey; domestic shorthair, point and white. Probably tortie too. I want to add, she is a tabby, ie lynx with pointed cats. And thus, a torbie...
Diluted or black? Difficult to be sure, but she seems to be pitch black on the darkest spots; here best visible on the legs backside. So my guess is, not diluted. And as said, she has much white in her; a so called high white or van pattern if you wish.

So the most probable description will be something alike: Domestic shorthair, tortoise lynx point and white in van pattern...

A very sweet and beautiful cat! You both found a high win in the lottery of life!
She definitely did win the lottery, it was the end of September when we found her and the vet said she wouldn't have lasted much longer with how skinny she was and with it being so cold where we live at that time of year. She's a pretty funny cat she hardly ever meows but she is extremely vocal, all day she just walks around making trilling sounds. She's also scared of heights, which i think is just absurd since she's a cat, she won't jump up any counters and if we put her on a counter she gets visibly nervous when she looks off the edge and then she just sits there until we pick her up and put her back on the floor. She won't even go higher than the first platform of their cat tower.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, no roof cat then. Had you tried with a pea under her bedding? How many layers of thick madrassers do you need for her not to no longer feel the pea? :)