Anyone Have A Velcro Cat?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Reese has always been...very attached to me. From the moment that I found her, she followed me around like a little baby duck. Sometimes she'd cry if I left the room without her. Now as she has gotten older, she just follows me everywhere! And I mean everywhere. From room to room to room, even if I'm just taking ten steps, she takes ten steps too! Back and forth, back and forth.

When she was small, she wasn't too big on sleeping with me either. She enjoyed her beds and things when night fell. Now she spends every night completely wrapped around my arm. All four legs clinging to me like I'm going to desert her. (Sometimes it's hard to get up to go to the bathroom) She'll even sit contentedly tucked against the shower door for 45 minutes while I wash.

I came home from work the other day and found her RUNNING. Full pelt. FULL PELT across the house to see me. She leaped into my arms and head butted me and wouldn't let me put her down. When I finally did, she fell right into following on my heel.

If I'm sitting, she's sitting. If I'm moving, she's moving. Bathroom, kitchen, living room, doesn't matter, she's in it for the long haul with me. Somehow my door got shut last night with her on the opposite side of it. She didn't cry, that I know if anyway, but when I woke up she heard me shuffling about and came wailing to greet me. She wouldn't let me out of her sight.

Just the mere sound of my voice (literally) and she starts purring. In fact, she rarely ever purrs for anyone else, but if I start talking and she realizes that I'm there she will turn on the motor.

It's not a recent development really. She's just gotten more and more clingy with me as her life goes on. It's adorable, don't get me wrong, but I worry that she's just sitting at the door wailing when I leave for work!

Anyone else have a kitty that's stuck to them like glue?

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not to that extent, no. Mizu is my tracker. She moves when I move. We wash dishes together, make beds, clean...she even hangs around me when I vacuum. She sits outside the bathroom if I shower and she keeps a safe distance (the bathroom rug) when I use the evil hairdryer. She doesn't leave my side unless she's napping. Raja is my lap cat. She's way more independent while I move about but if I sit, she's there in minutes. If she's feeling super affectionate, she will crawl on my chest and nuzzle my neck and purr.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My previous cat, Murphy, was a total Velcro cat. As a kitten when she was getting sleepy I had to carry her and sing to her while she nursed on my finger or she would scream for hours. And throughout her 19 years with me she would sleep or lay on my shoulder any time I sat or laid down. When not sleeping she was always with me, messing around with whatever I was working on and getting into all kinds of trouble.

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're lucky to have someone care for you -- love you -- that much.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm sitting, she's sitting. If I'm moving, she's moving. Bathroom, kitchen, living room, doesn't matter, she's in it for the long haul with me. Somehow my door got shut last night with her on the opposite side of it. She didn't cry, that I know if anyway, but when I woke up she heard me shuffling about and came wailing to greet me. She wouldn't let me out of her sight.
Oh yes. The one in my profile picture.
Now she spends every night completely wrapped around my arm. All four legs clinging to me like I'm going to desert her. (Sometimes it's hard to get up to go to the bathroom) She'll even sit contentedly tucked against the shower door for 45 minutes while I wash.
That would be her sister.

But then, my son and I are the only 'mother's' and humans they've ever known. Except for the :censored::censored: that threw them out when they were 10 days old and the couple who found them.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man yes. She is exactly as you described. She is 16 years and has been like this her whole life, only moreso as she ages.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat speaks volumes on how she LOVES you. Wow! Never heard of such a cat until now. What a sweetheart.

My Bourbon only runs to me when she needs food, but still I know she loves me. LOL.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are blessed to have someone love you that much. I know it can get to be a little too much sometimes, especially when you turn around quick and step on a few toes. I can't sit down without THREE cats all fighting over where to lay on me. Females are usually not known to be so lovey, out of 15 females I have only had one, the current one, so I know there are exceptions. Most people would give much to have their cat like yours, so feel lucky. It shows how much love and good care she has received to to be so loving. She may benefit by having a little brother to be around, but that is another story, and then you might have two following your every move!

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My three are hooked to me with elastic. I get up and move and they saunter after me. Usually all three of them. Its the funniest thing like this morning, went upstairs to change for work and all of a sudden there are three cats in the room. The kitten will demand lap time and one of the boys, Duncan, usually sleeps touching me or my wife. Barry is more independent, but he is almost always nearby.

Enjoy the company. She loves you AND your presence gives her comfort and security.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elastic. I think that’s the better term. We have our roommate moments where she has her space and I have mine. But then she definitely has her attached moments. :D
A899E872-7A86-4E05-9518-935F0AE0A781.jpeg