Anyone Have A T-fal Optigrill?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about getting this grill. It looks like it has more and precise cooking settings than the George Forman grill that I have now. Does anyone have one? Is it worth the price, and how do you like the way the food turns out when cooked on it? I'd like to hear your opinion on this before making a decision. Thanks everyone!

Roll over image to zoom in

T-fal
T-fal OptiGrill Indoor Grill, Electric Grill with Dishwasher Safe Plates, 1800-Watt, Silver, Model GC702
1,792 customer reviews
| 436 answered questions

Price: $89.99 + $11.04 shipping

Size: 4 servings

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope, I haven't tried it, but I really want to. I came across it on Amazon one day when I was looking for indoor grills. I like that it has a setting for well done. I like my meat really well done, and I hate having to cut it in the middle to check and see if it's done only to find that it's still pink. I am curious too to see if someone has tried it and what they think!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go with the Cuisinart Griddler. It's versatile and cooks everything perfectly. They have a waffle iron accessory for one of the grills that makes the best waffles I've eaten, much better than my regular waffle iron. It makes great close-faced sandwiches, and the panini part will put grill marks your meat or veggies. It opens up to become a griddle, too. It may be a bit more expensive, but I promise you it's worth it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice Mother Dragon Mother Dragon . The pictures I've seen doesn't show a drip tray though. Does it have one?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It has a drip channel and a small drip cup. I've not had a problem except the first time when I didn't put the drip cup in place. That was a mess.

There about three different models. I'd recommend the middle model, or the top model if it's in your budget. The top one has some very useful bells and whistle but the waffle maker won't fit it. You might check B4ed Bath & Beyond. They just sent me a coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase, but for something like the griddle, the 20% coupon is best.

To learn more about the options, go here.

Griddler® Compact Grill Centro

I have the plain Griddler and the Griddler Elite. I often use them both at the same time, one to warm tortillas (15 seconds is plenty) and the other for cooking fajitas or veggies. We've also cooked burgers and steaks on them. If you camp, you can fix eggs, bacon, hash browns, and great pancakes, all with one appliance. Or even if you don't camp, you can do these and more. It makes wicked potato pancakes (latkes).

The prices shown on the Cuisinart website are pure fantasy. You'll find much better prices at Walmart, BB&B, and others. For even more savings, you might get a factory refurbished on at a decent price.

Let me know what you decide to do.