Anyone going to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory?

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard good things about it. It's playing here in IMAX. A really BIG (and goofy looking) Johnny Depp!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i went to see it today. I couldnt really care that Jonny depp was in it. It was a TIM BURTON film!!!!!!!!! i was so excited, i had planned to go to the midnight showing...didn't make it, so i went today, and had a panic attack and had to come home halfway through. i feel so horrible, but what i saw was amazing, true Tim Burton-ness to it.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope to go see it! I looooooove Johnny Depp! I hope it is good, I havent really heard anything about it, good or bad.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the making of it - wow, Tim Burton really goes all out doesnt he??? He actually had the sets made, instead of using computer graphics. I like that.

And I have heard that he wanted to make the movie more true to the book than the first movie. I hope so, I really loved the book.

And it doesnt hurt having Johnny Depp in it - he has really improved as an actor and isnt bad to look at!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't wait to see the movie!, it was one of my favourite books growing up as a kid!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to go. I might next week, I love both Burton and Depp. Ed Wood is one of my favorite movies of all time.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charlie in the chocolate factory, the flight of the navigator, The Neverending story, and Milo & Otis were my FAVORITE movies when I was a kid, and they are STILL my favorites!!!! Ooooh I was sooo excited when I heard they were making a new film... and with johnny DEPP in it. Oh yeah. I'll have to wait till it comes out on dvd though. Dont have the moolah for the movies, because who goes to a movie and just buys a ticket? You know?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would like to see this movie. The original is a classic with Gene Wilder, but I think Depp might be able to do a good job too.

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to go see it. I remember watching the movie as a kid now I get to see it with my kids. it's going to be amazing, We are all Johnny Depp fans here, even my kids, they loved Pirates and the Carabean.
Oh, we do go to the movies and just by tickets. I usually take the kids to MD's and then to the movies. Much cheaper that way or I forget that I put a candybar or two in my purse
My family and I just love movies so going there gets a bit pricy cause we'll go to two movies in a weekend. I know, we're bad
but we love it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CaliGirl

My family and I just love movies so going there gets a bit pricy cause we'll go to two movies in a weekend. I know, we're bad
but we love it!!
I think it's GREAT that ya'll have something you all enjoy doing together!
That kind of family bonding is priceless!!!

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope its good

I liked both the book and the original movie - Gene Wilder was great and the movie was one of my favourites as a child.

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to see it next weekend.
Really loved the book but was a bit disappointed in the first movie...the chocolate river didn't look like real chocolate! LOL as a kid I was really really looking forward to seeing a real choc river...