Anyone for one of these coffees in Japan?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not like this before, but I know there is a competition among coffee barista, having to do with, among other events, artistic toppings.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are cute and show a lot of talent.  I don't think it would be very practical, I would think the time that it would take would mean a cold cup of coffee.  The Japanese have always been very artistic with food so it would make sense that they would extend it to coffee.

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These are some amazing works of art! I spent ages looking at these wondering how they were done, it's almost like they are too good to be real especially the one of a human face with glasses on. How on earth did they manage to get the rims so round?
I worked as a barista some years ago when a friend of mine opened up a coffee shop and we had a guy come in and teach us how to froth the milk and make pretty leaf patterns as we poured it into the cup. Faces would have been so much more fun. :lol3:
I would love to see a YouTube video of these cat faces being created. The mind baffles!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow! Those are amazing and the marshmallows are super cute too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Those are amazing and the marshmallows are super cute too!
I'm not sure I could drink the coffee my self but the marshmallows are a little less realistic so I think I could cope - I didn't notice them straight away when I looked at the photos but they are such fun!  I wish I could get some.  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's amazing! I don't think I could even do those leaves that every coffee place does :lol3:.

Hehe, her kitty's name is Donguri! That means acorn. . .it's a cute name, I might steal it :D

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's hard to believe this is even possible to do by hand. There has to be some trick to it like maybe having a mold with this art in 3D that leaves an imprint in the latte foam. Mind boggling...