Anyone Ever Have A Crazy Cat Parent Moment?

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today I got excited when I saw that Juliette’s poop looked normal and healthy, solid but moist 😹. Often, her poops look like really dry balls. I worry at times if she’s constipated or dehydrated.

For a few months now, I’ve been consistently adding about 1/4 cup of water to her food. She also gets fish oil supplements every other day. Today her poop looked healthy so I think I’m doing something right! 💩

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally got the stray mom that had just had her Kittens handed off this past Saturday to a foster with more experience in newborns. I keep waking up to check on them, then realize they're not here and want to kick myself for constantly waking up like that.

Today I got excited when I saw that Juliette’s poop looked normal and healthy, solid but moist 😹. Often, her poops look like really dry balls. I worry at times if she’s constipated or dehydrated.

For a few months now, I’ve been consistently adding about 1/4 cup of water to her food. She also gets fish oil supplements every other day. Today her poop looked healthy so I think I’m doing something right! 💩
Actually, normal Cat poop is supposed to be small, a bit dry (though not crumbly), and nearly odorless and is what you'll see from Cats on a good LID or raw diet.

If she's eating mostly dry food or canned food with lots of plant based ingredients then the dry poop might be a problem because that usually results in giant smelly logs that have a lot of moisture in order to pass all the indigestible filler.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday I am being a crazy cat mom, especially to my Bourbon. She is not actually a picky eater but easily gets distracted and abandons her food bowl in the middle of mealtime when she sees or hears something interesting for her. What I do is follow her around the house with her bowl on hand, and places the bowl in front of her wherever she goes, until she finishes off all her meal.

I know, I am crazy. No judgement please. :biggrin:
Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who did this :flail:

With Cricket, she will go sit where she wants to eat and I'll take her bowl there. She'll eat a bit, then walk over to another spot and wait. I'll follow her with the bowl and put it in front of her. Sometimes she'll do this 5 or 6 different places. I don't know why she does this. I've just attributed it to her being a diva tortie.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who did this :flail:

With Cricket, she will go sit where she wants to eat and I'll take her bowl there. She'll eat a bit, then walk over to another spot and wait. I'll follow her with the bowl and put it in front of her. Sometimes she'll do this 5 or 6 different places. I don't know why she does this. I've just attributed it to her being a diva tortie.
Cats are divas! LOL.

My husband blames me. He said it is because I am spoiling her. I don’t mind.
It is good to know I am not alone. 🙂

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why she does this. I've just attributed it to her being a diva tortie.
That's exactly what it is; she's checking to make sure your training holds, and that you know your proper place -- you're the cat servant.

My SIL, one hot day, got a glass of ice water (complete with ice cubes) for herself. As she was drinking it her dog kept looking at her accusingly, then looking at his water bowl, then back at her. It took her a while to figure out what he was after, since the bowl was full, but eventually she got it -- he wanted ice cubes, too! She added a couple to his water bowl, he wagged his tail at her, and that's when she suddenly realized that her dog was training her. She considers this to be a major insight, and an important life lesson.

Margret

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly what it is; she's checking to make sure your training holds, and that you know your proper place -- you're the cat servant.

My SIL, one hot day, got a glass of ice water (complete with ice cubes) for herself. As she was drinking it her dog kept looking at her accusingly, then looking at his water bowl, then back at her. It took her a while to figure out what he was after, since the bowl was full, but eventually she got it -- he wanted ice cubes, too! She added a couple to his water bowl, he wagged his tail at her, and that's when she suddenly realized that her dog was training her. She considers this to be a major insight, and an important life lesson.

Margret
Oh yes, I've seen multiple instances of my cats training me. They're very good at it.