Anyone Else's Cat Do This?

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Luna likes exploring outside and yes I'm okay with that. Keeping her "safe" is not a good enough reason to strip her of her freedom. I wouldn't do it to my kids nor would I do it to Luna which is a furry kid of mines. With that said...

Luna tends to yowl very loud every time she comes back home. If I don't respond to her(which I do sometimes to see what she'll do), she'll keep doing it until I do or go back outside again and sometimes I can hear her yowling outside as well before exploring again.

Here's what it sounds like -

Here's what it looks like -

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been spayed? Whole female cats will sometimes yowl when in heat in order to attract a mate.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three of my nine make that noise when they find specific toys. For Estella, it is a spring or the leg off of a stuffed animal. For Astrid, it is a fuzzy ball. For Tara, it is a certain kick toy, a crinkle ball, a spring, and articles of clothing that she has pulled out of the hamper.

Estella makes a similar sound when she fakes being stuck to get my son to "save" her.

They never go outside and are fixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has she been spayed? Whole female cats will sometimes yowl when in heat in order to attract a mate.
Yes she is. She doesn't do that when trying to go outside, only when she comes home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Three of my nine make that noise when they find specific toys. For Estella, it is a spring or the leg off of a stuffed animal. For Astrid, it is a fuzzy ball. For Tara, it is a certain kick toy, a crinkle ball, a spring, and articles of clothing that she has pulled out of the hamper.

Estella makes a similar sound when she fakes being stuck to get my son to "save" her.

They never go outside and are fixed.
Guess we can just chalk it up to cats being cats again lol.