Anyone else watch "The Office"?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I never watched this when it was on years ago, but a few months ago I got hooked on watching "The Office" and it is really crazy once you know all of the characters! Michael can be such a jerk but also does have a heart, Jim and Pam and their "romance", Kevin is the lovable dummy, Dwight also like Michael can be a jerk but at times does seem to care, just so many different personalities all in one place! Just wondering if anyone else is interested in it?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you watch it? I thought they took it off of netflix. I watched some..wanted to watch it all but they took it off. Jim and Pam got boring once they had their children. But before that they were awesome characters. I actually think Michael is so loveable. Dwight's is a strong character all throughout the series.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've watched enough to know the characters, but haven't binged it yet. Now that I finished Kimmy Schmidt and Schitt's Creek, I downloaded The Office and The Good Place on Netflix but haven't started them yet.

The Office will be available on Netflix until January 2021.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you watch it? I thought they took it off of netflix. I watched some..wanted to watch it all but they took it off. Jim and Pam got boring once they had their children. But before that they were awesome characters. I actually think Michael is so loveable. Dwight's is a strong character all throughout the series.
I get it on Comedy Central from our cable provider.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I think Michael is funny, all I can think about is how awful it is to have a boss like him. . .but if he's on TV and not in my office I can laugh :D.
I wouldn't mind if he were my boss. At least I wouldn't be bored.!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've binge watched British, original The Office and I loved it so much. I also like the American version but since it's very similar to the British one, and the characters and storyline are almost the same, it's kind of boring longterm :D but otherwise very funny. If you have an opportunity to watch the British version, watch at least few episodes to compare actors and how they play the characters that you already know :)

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to see if Netflix has the British version. I like Ricky Gervais. I have seen a few episodes, and my first impression was that they have a nastier undertone, not as goofy and good-natured as the American version. But then that's kind of how British humor goes. I enjoy other British sitcoms, like The IT Crowd.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We've binged it a few times, it's our go to for pre bed noise right now and almost done with the show again.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never watched this when it was on years ago, but a few months ago I got hooked on watching "The Office" and it is really crazy once you know all of the characters! Michael can be such a jerk but also does have a heart, Jim and Pam and their "romance", Kevin is the lovable dummy, Dwight also like Michael can be a jerk but at times does seem to care, just so many different personalities all in one place! Just wondering if anyone else is interested in it?

Yes ive seen many episodes.

I enjoy it. Clever subtle humor without the canned laughter. Intelligent, not the usual mindless dribble offered to viewers.

I watch the American version on netflicks.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I tried watching the British version, but 'cringe-comedy' has never been my favourite.
Well done though.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love The Office! We used to watch it when it was on TV as new episodes and now I watch it frequently on Netflix as well. It never gets old, and it (and Parks and Rec) are my go-tos when I'm doing something else or not feeling well because I don't have to pay attention since I've seen it so many times.

I watched the British version just out of curiosity and I thought it was funny but I really hated Tim (the "Jim" character). He was just so mean and that kind of spoiled the whole show for me.

My favorite characters though are Dwight and Creed. :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the British but am not as keen on the American version - being British myself, I guess I prefer the humour in the British Office.
Same here. I adore British humour. I have not watched either but would watch the British version if I did.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The Office is on my list of shows to watch, but somehow I never seem to get to it.