Anyone else like me and is sick of election commercials?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is an IMO post, but I am just sick and tired of political ads. They are all so negative! I can't wait until it is after election day.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely watch local channels and have Dish, so I don't see any. Plus I either use the DVR or pause and then fast forward commercials anyways.

I'm more annoyed by people showing up on my doorstep. Thankfully with the way the windows are situated I can see who's out there by peeking around the living room doorway and can pretend I'm not home.

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so tired of the political commercials.

The other day someone was going door to door sliding flyers in and when one came through my door all three cats flipped out. LOL

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

The other day someone was going door to door sliding flyers in and when one came through my door all three cats flipped out. LOL
Depending on what combination of cats are sitting in the dinning room windows (right in front of the front door), a person will be greeted by Sherman's chirps, Tomas and Tanna's growling, or everyone will scatter.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just took the mail in and for the 4th time this week my mailbox is overflowing with these huge cards advertising all the different candidates... SO FREAKIN ANNOYING!

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, here in Australia the election has finished. Gosh, those election advertisements were annoying! They never said they would do anything for our country they were simply putting down the other side!

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was tired of them before they started.

Ironically, there is a political ad on this page, between a couple of the posts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I was tired of them before they started.

Ironically, there is a political ad on this page, between a couple of the posts!
That's why I belong to the premier lounge. No ads.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've yet to see an election commercial on TV, but have heard a few on the radio. I usually just tune them out though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our local news is peppered with attack ads from both sides of the realm. I try to tune them out as much as I can. The mail is nothing but attack ads. Nothing but crap in our local newspaper. I cannot wait to vote next Tuesday and get this over with once and for all!

The guy who won the primary for Senator in our area (I won't mention the party)? The very next day following the May primary, he had an attack ad on tv against his candidate for November. So we've been listening to this crap since May! I refuse to vote for him, partly because of that. The money is really changing hands this election. Sad.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in Canada but get a lot of American tv channels and I can't get over the NASTY attacks from the candidates. I know with me personally, you catch more flies with honey, and it doesn't show much class when all you're doing is slinging mud.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sick of the ads on tv, in the newspaper, the idiots calling at 9 p.m. that can't pronounce your last name but ask you to vote for their candidate----UGH! Some days the only mail is get is political ads.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I think all people are tired of them, no matter which party they support.
It is my opinion that people know already who they are going to vote for and the ads on tv and in mailboxes don't change opinions. It is all mud slinging against each party. The candidates do it and so does our president. They need to forget themselves and think about what is good for the Unites States.
I have already voted and am just waiting for the results.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I don't know if this is an IMO post, but I am just sick and tired of political ads. They are all so negative! I can't wait until it is after election day.
I definitely absolutely am sick and tired of these commercials, I usually switch channels or mute them.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whenever I see negative campaign ads it ALWAYS makes me NOT want to vote for the person who made the ad.

Its a dirty nasty way to get votes and I disagree with it. This whole election here I have only seen ONE ad that was nice and in the end he said "Please vote this election"

Not "please vote for me" "vote democrat" "vote republican"

Just... Please vote. They should spend more time making sure that everyone who can vote, will vote, and less time attacking each other.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Whenever I see negative campaign ads it ALWAYS makes me NOT want to vote for the person who made the ad.

Its a dirty nasty way to get votes and I disagree with it. This whole election here I have only seen ONE ad that was nice and in the end he said "Please vote this election"

Not "please vote for me" "vote democrat" "vote republican"

Just... Please vote. They should spend more time making sure that everyone who can vote, will vote, and less time attacking each other.
Oh yes, I'm definatly tired of the Political Commercials. There are two candidates here that are really vicious with each other. When I'm alone I mute the commercials, hang up on the Political phone calls and throw out the Political leaflets.