Anyone Else Have Nobody

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear things are going better, at least he isn't around all the time. WoW a king bed just for the two of you, how cool. How about some photos for the fans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAhah I will get some of her ... he’s been there during the day and apparently she makes a cry sound when I leave for work in the mornings. That makes me a little sad. Thought cats were supposed to be little tough ones

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently pulling your hair, stealing your money, psychologically abusing and threatening to punch you is not enough to get someone charged . You have to have more evidence .

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Apparently pulling your hair, stealing your money, psychologically abusing and threatening to punch you is not enough to get someone charged . You have to have more evidence .
:thud:I'm shocked that the police won't take any action. Did they at least let you lodge a formal complaint against him?

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

:grouphug2:

Has he moved out now? Have you changed the locks to make sure he can't get back in?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No , he won’t however work have just got me into an apartment for a while as a ‘safe place ‘. I’m worried about Gracie , she won’t come out of the bathroom and I’ve even found her lying in her litter box . I feel so guilty moving her from her home however I couldn’t leave her there . He loves her however he is not himself at the moment (an addict ) . I’ve put everything in the bathroom - even her food and water . I pray she is okay and I’m doing this for her too

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry you're going through all that. Does he have family or friends who will see that he gets the help he needs.

Meanwhile, glad you have a safe place, and that Gracie is with you. Hugs to you both from me and Ruby. :hugs: :redheartpump: :hugs:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HIs family doesn’t seem to care . I feel guilty taking her from her home and couldn’t stand her crying however need her to be safe too ! She’s on the sofa with me now - if only she’s knew she was on a leather sofa in an apartment worth a million in central London

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHe won’t eat and cries I’m so upset maybe I should have left her at home . He loves her too however the way he is at the moment worries me

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending you and your Gracie many :hugs:'s...

both you and your girl are safe now. moving is a very big adjustment for you both to get used to, but you will. i know you did the absolute best thing for Gracie, bringing her with you. i know this because i did the same thing many years ago, in a situation quite similar to yours, bringing my little Snick :rbheart: and Mickey :rbheart: with me. Snick and Mickey were stressed at first too, like your Gracie is now. i was stressed too. but it didn't take very long for me and my cats to settle in and to finally be able to relax -- feeling truly safe.

then i started working on goals for me and my cats. as things slowly got better for us -- over time, Snick and Mickey and i became happy and contented. eventually i was able to buy a house for us, which had been something i'd always wanted to be able to do -- since i was a child. after settling in to our new home, we all loved our house and the rural area in which it's located. Snick and Mickey were more relaxed and just plain happy than they had ever been......and so was i. :D

it will help your girl to stick to a routine -- meals at set times, play time at certain times, litter box scooped at a certain time(s). when you're not home, you might lay out some clothing that you've worn, something with your scent on it for Gracie. you could even leave some soft and soothing music, or the tv with the volume turned down low, on for your girl while you're not home.

we're here for you! :grouphug2:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much , she won’t eat and has not used her box (only to lie in which I thought was strange - maybe it’s familiar to her ). She had a couple of dreamies and she is asleep now.

I keep telling her mummy did this for her too and we can both have peace and quiet .

Attachments

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, laying in the litter box can be a 'comfort' thing for cats.

for the moment, you might keep giving your Gracie the Dreamies, since she's eating some of those. then maybe try a little canned cat food with a couple Dreamies crumbled over the top.

give your girl some time to get settled a bit, and keep an eye on her litter box to see when she 'makes' something there.

you're both doing really well! :hugs:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe send off for some Beaphar Calming Cat Treats from Amazon, they're only about £2.50 at the moment, and are well worth it. Dudley LOVES them and they instantly take the edge off his stress. They contain valerian (and other calming herbs) but because they're in the form of a delicious treat [tastier than Dreamies, by all accounts] they don't give off any valerian smell.

You could maybe get her a few other calming bits and bobs whilst your there to help ease her through this stressful time. The amino acid L-Trypophan is a precursor to serotonin in the brain and acts as an anti-anxiety and antidepressant. It can be found in numerous cat-calming preparations, including Feliway's Cystease capsules, which you sprinkle onto food. Casein, another amino acid, is the ingredient in mother's breast milk that soothes crying babies, and is what is in Zylkene capsules, which are also sprinkleable. Now then, Dudley gets both L-Trypophan and Casein together in Royal Canin Veterinary Diet 'Calm' cat food at the moment and it's been a great success. He's started coming to sit next to me on the sofa for snuggles, which before he wouldn't even though he clearly wanted to. Then there's, of course, Feliway Classic to squirt or diffuse.

The weather is Edinburgh has stopped Amazon deliveries for the past 3 days and I don't know what it's like in London. But, I'm sure they'll be up and running again soon.
Sending you and Daisy well-wishes :bouquet: and sunny thoughts.:sunshine:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you , I hate being away from home , all my stuff there . He still doesn’t get why I had to leave like that !! Thinks I betrayed him yet he knows if I stayed there I’d be ill !! I feel so guilty about Gracie - maybe I should have left her there with him as it’s her home and she was comfortable and happy ! She is so sad . I’ve not had a breakdown since the baby and I felt myself having symptoms again.

London is pathetic At the moment , everyone is working from home and acting like the world is ending cause the snow !

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She won’t eat ! I can’t stand this ! She was so greedy and happy running around . Should I let him take her back ? I can’t stand her being sad

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, I was distracted by the daisies, :bouquet: Daisy. :vibes:Well-wishes, sunny thoughts, and a sense of calm to Gracie. :cloud9:

However out-of-sorts Gracie seems right now, I expect that she'd be extremely upset if you had left her there without you. I know that Dudley's moods are psychically linked to my own, and when I'm stressed, he's (more) stressed. So it's not surprising that Gracie is stressed out, considering what you're personally dealing with. At this time of night, on a cold and miserable day, all I can think to suggest is that you have a nice, comforting cup of tea, and try to keep hold of the thought that 'even this will pass'.

:hangin:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m going to have to let her go home tomorrow . I can’t bear this - she has not eaten, had a drink or toilet since we came here ! Maybe it was selfish of me to bring her