Anyone Else Have Nobody

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IM really overwhelmed by how lovely everyone has been .. it was a spare of the moment to put myself out there . I will try and do something tomorrow. Gracie is running around being naughty which is making me smile . Thank you again everyone x

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You will be in my prayers. Life is not always simple. But prayer changes things and I am going to believe that healing is coming for you. Let the man go. You deserve somebody who knows the real meaning of the word love. Cuddle with your kitty and believe that better days are coming for you.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Dump the guy. Anyone who says that to your face is poison you don't need in your veins.

Pick a restaurant that you can afford that's open on Christmas and have a nice holiday dinner. Unless you are anti-religion, find a church, denomination doesn't matter, that will have a soothing ritualistic feel during Christmas services. It doesn't matter if you believe the message or not, you'll still be part of society during the hours that one is indoctrinated from early childhood on that you should spend with other people.

December 26th, sign up for Meetup. Find a group and go to the next couple of get togethers. Look on Craigslist for group activities that meet in public. Start a hobby that you've never had before that makes you mingle with fellow hobbyists. Make a plan for what you are going to do next December and take the next 365 days to take the steps to make it happen.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our loved ones human sometimes don't pick up on it as well as our pets that our pets know when we're down and I truly feel they want to help us but they're not really sure what to do for us and so that's why they pay us that little bit of extra attention or that little lick on your nose when you need it. After you go to enough sad times like that I know in my case it changed me and when I say goodbye to somebody I hug them because I don't know if I'll see them again and I always end my conversations with I love you and I think that's for the better and anybody I've told that to if they've been going through a hard time they try it and they say it makes them feel better too so give that some thought not the ones that drive you crazy that you can't stand any hope they do leave don't tell them that but anybody else I even tell my animals when I leave for work I love you! It was never a hugger and I found as I got older hugging makes a difference and DaisyD if you were here with me you would get the biggest hug that a human can possibly give another without hurting them and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Gracie and I think she'll get you through it you just hang in there and just find Joy where you can find it I know that's what I did.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m unwell with a cold and pretty down . Sometimes only feel I have my cat Gracie which is sad I know . Friends have come and gone, I have no family and a partner who says he’s only with me as he feels guilty. He’s staying with me over Xmas And then he’s going . I’m bearly 40 years old and can’t stand being this lonely . I always wanted my own family, one I could have a great Xmas and you know that great life it others seem to have grasped easily . Had my chance 3 years ago however lost my son at birth. So yeah life feels like it sucks at the moment . Sorry , just want xmas over with I suppose
:alright: :grouphug: Good riddance to bad rubbish! What a jerk, belive it or not you will feel a great weight has lifted once that loser has been out of the picture for awhile. Toxic people need to banished from our lives and family members can definitely be toxic too. Boot his butt out , that way YOU will feel the power (and DO NOT second guess yourself after you banish him) and relax with Gracie. Interact with us at anytime, somebody is always around or go to our home page and start a conversion (I didn't know that PM meant private message for a long time) it can even be with more than one person at a time! You have us, and we have your back.:grouphug2: :hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs:

Last edited:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Interact with us at anytime, somebody is always around or go to our home page and start a conversion (I didn't know that PM meant private message for a long time) it can even be with more than one person at a time! You have us, and we have your back.:grouphug2: :hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs:
Terminology has also changed. This site calls private messages "start a conversation". It took me a long time to figure out the two terms were the same thing.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daisyd daisyd -- i just wanted to let you know that i understand (some of) what you're feeling. i have no family either -- well, of course i have my cats! no human family.

i spend the holidays with my cats, and i make a big deal of their gifts. just seeing how happy those gifts make them, and then they settle in for naps and snuggle time with me. :redheartpump: that makes me feel so happy and content. :D we've made our own holiday traditions here, my cats and myself.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry daisyd daisyd I had no idea you felt this way. You always sound so cheerful and positive in your posts, I'm sure you're just as lovely in "real life". You don't deserve to be treated so badly by this guy.

Just let him go and then move on with your life. I think you'll feel better when he has gone.

You're not alone. You have us and we'll always be here for you.

:grouphug2:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry. Please let the guy go; he doesn't deserve you. You'll be better off in the long run. Yeah, it's going to hurt, but being alone is much better than being with somebody who doesn't care. And there's a difference between being alone and being lonely. You sound like you're lonely even with the guy being there, so let him go. He's not worthy of you and Gracie.

Let Gracie nurse you through your cold. She will.
It does take time. I know it sounds trite, but time is important.

:grouphug:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@jamescalifornia before the pregancy I loved listening to music, going to concerts and festivals. I keep saying I will do it again however don’t feel I can escape, daydream and enjoy it the way I did before. I hope over time that will happen again - ‘time is a healer’ they do say don’t they.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't been thru all the things you're going thru in particular but I have had some rough points. my dad was a paranoid schizophrenic with psychotic tendencies and my first husband tried to kill me more than once. when i was going thru a divorce for my first marriage I was pretty low for a number of years after. all I can say is do what the person who suggested finding meet ups and hobbies that require meeting other people. do some online dating. and finally, while I am anti drugs over all. there are times in your life where you do need some to get thru things imo. some anti depressants might not hurt for awhile. stay strong. things do get better.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi sweetie, is your cold getting any better? Make sure to keep the humidity level in your room high to help the upper respiratory to stop drainage that can cause a sore throat. My Dr gave me a prescription for nasal spray and cough medicine and told me to get saline nasal spray and a humidifier or an ionizer. I even bought a small Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier for my desk at work. I started feeling better almost immediately. Chamomile tea with honey will make a sore throat feel better. I just leave the tea bag in the cup til I drink it all. Hmmm you probably don't use tea bags!lol Hope you are feeling better, give Gracie a hug.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just remember you will NEVER BE ALONE because we are Here for you and Gracie. I know when we feel down everything seems worse. I started keeping journals under my doctors advice. At the time I thought he was a little weird but it helps to VENT and remove that internal pressure. I can also see the healinģ, tbe anger and some pretty BLONDE MOMENTS along the way. We can all use a good giggle even at our own expense ;)

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are feeling better. Please know that we are all here for you. Just write and let us know how you are feeling. Each day will get better and things will improve. Give your baby a hug from all of us here in Naples, Florida --- Lana, Paul and the 3 kitties - Angel, Tippytoes and Hurricane Charlie!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for what your going through daisyd daisyd I can relate to your situation. I don't have a lot of family left and family isn't always a positive thing! After my Dad passed in 98 with cancer I didn't speak to my brother for 10 yrs for the way he treated Dad. Me and my mother didn't have much to do with each other for 7 years after he passed. She had another man living in the house within 6 months after he passed. I had moved in and was working odd jobs so I could help take care of my Dad and was still living there trying to get back on my feet. A very awkward situation to say the least.

Fast forward 7 years me and my mother reconcile and she has kicked out her boyfriend figuring out he wasn't all he cracked up to be. I find out that my brother, that owns his own business, has been borrowing money from her for his business that is supposedly doing SO WELL! That makes sense! I don't mean a few hundred here and there, I mean like $40,000 here, $6000 there, etc!

Fast forward 3 years. I get a call from Mom that big brothers business is failing and he's about to lose everything. Of course Mom hasn't figured out big brother yet like I did so many years ago. It's her son and she wants to see the best in him. Understandable. In a round about way she ask if I can come and help. I figure...maybe after 10 yrs he's changed and I'll give it one last try. I drop everything and run to the aid of "my family"! Moms working for free and I'm working a wage that is well below what I was use to. Of course all for the cause! His wife by the way is a "GOLD DIGGER". When she finds out how bad things she moves out!

Fast forward 2 years! Mom walks out on him! He's treated her like a doormat and complains about everything she does. How do you complain about free labor!? On the bright side she finally figured him out! I'm not the bad guy anymore! On the downside she left and I'm stuck there with him by myself! Gee! Thanks Mom! I can't walk away like that! I'm not retired and have a wad of cash in the bank like you do!

Fast forward 8 years. His business has tripled since I came in. Not to toot my own horn but a lot of the business has been brought in by me. I have customers call me and complain about him. I can't do anything about him, he owns the company. So, they don't want to deal with anyone but me. I can't be everywhere and do everything and at one point I could keep up but there's no way now. I literally work 14 months a year when you figure over time hours and as many as 75 hours a week. The last 4 yrs $10,000 of my pay has been overtime pay. I've never asked him for anything. I want to see what he'll do on his own. I still make no where close to what I should but, complete strangers that he has hired that have been there half as long or less than me are making the same thing as me. Just recently found this out. They sit around in the office half the day and hardly ever have to work over time and they are the best thing since sliced bread. All I get is why can't I keep up! I run a territory that spans 300 miles from one end to the other by myself and none of my customers complain. He runs the rest of it. He has five techs and they can't keep up, constantly have customers complaining and the customer base of what he runs is the same as what I run by myself. In his tiny mind he doesn't think he should have to pay me more because I work so much overtime.

To add to all that. The last 4 yrs the money has been rolling in. His GOLG DIGGING wife has moved back in. He has spent a fortune on MERCEDES BENZ service vehicles, has 2 Mercedes sitting in his driveway. One he paid close to $130,000 and the other $70,000 and a Kia Optima turbo all that the company is paying for. His wife cant' even drive and she draws disability. He's in the process of moving into a $700,000 house. He's over a million in debt.

I drive a 90 geo prizm, a 2001 Expedition and have my Dads 81 Ford F-100 which I would like to restore if I had more time. They are all paid for as well as my house, boat and land. I have plenty of money in the bank. I can afford a new car but I work on my own stuff so I don't see the point. All my vehicles have well over 200,000 miles on them.

2 years ago I came to the conclusion it's time to move on. I've made it quiet clear to him I've had enough of him and his business. I didn't plan on making a career out of it. My intentions were to help him out and when he was back on his feet to move on. Had he treated me right it would be different....maybe. I've even tried to get him to fire me. Then I would have an income with unemployment and time to look for a job. Since I'm on the road and at work from basically sun up to sun down, I can't get any help so, if I take time off I have to work that much harder to get caught back up, I'm kind of in a pickle as far as searching for other employment. Then there's the fact that if I leave his business will most likely go back in decline and when he needs money where do you think he'll turn. He'll show up on my moms doorstep even though they haven't spoken since she walked out 8 yrs ago. Or he'll have the nerve to show up on my doorstep.

I'm trying to figure a way out and hopefully never have to deal with him again the rest of my life. I could care less what becomes of him but I'm tired of supporting him and the Gold diggers life style while I dedicate my life to his business and he acts like he has done me a favor by letting me work for him.

So to rap this up! Do you really want family? :lol: Not all family is like this I know but people are drama. They'll drag you into their crap quick as lightening. Kick that bum out and think about yourself. You have Gracie. Do like the others have suggested. Find hobbies, volunteer at a shelter, do something that is fulfilling and brings meaning to your life. Cherish and shower Gracie with love. Who knows maybe you'll meet someone like minded through volunteer work.

That's what I intend to do. Make things better for me and not someone else. I would love to do some volunteer work, get back into playing music, fix up my old truck and just hang out with Manny. The best part of my day is when I get home and Manny comes running down the stairs to meet me at the door. Especially since when I first got him I had to lure him out from under the bed when I got home. He always make me smile.

We're all here and care about your well being and I'm sure you could email anyone that has posted here and they would be there for you. Your not by yourself as you can see from the other post. We all have our issues and hurdles in life to overcome. You'll get through this in time. Hope this helps! Try and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Manny sends his love to you and Gracie!;)