Anyone Else Have Nobody

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m unwell with a cold and pretty down . Sometimes only feel I have my cat Gracie which is sad I know . Friends have come and gone, I have no family and a partner who says he’s only with me as he feels guilty. He’s staying with me over Xmas And then he’s going . I’m bearly 40 years old and can’t stand being this lonely . I always wanted my own family, one I could have a great Xmas and you know that great life it others seem to have grasped easily . Had my chance 3 years ago however lost my son at birth. So yeah life feels like it sucks at the moment . Sorry , just want xmas over with I suppose

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were going through this. Your posts always sound so happy. I love hearing about your Gracie stories. Men can be such jerks. They don't want to stay anymore. Cats are better anyway. Hugs to you and Gracie. :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THank you so much. Feel a bit silly for posting but just bit lost. Life seemed ok until 5 years ago and I just can’t get it back on track. My dad killed himself, then the pregnancy.. just been consistent.. little Gracie is keeping me going ..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Never feel reluctant for posting, sometimes we all need to express our feelings. I'm very sorry for your loneliness right now and the tragedies you have experienced, both with your dad and your pregnancy. But I'm truly thankful you have Gracie, pets are the best therapy. Thinking of you and sending special thoughts your situation will improve in the new year. :hugs:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DaisyD,
I think we all have great times, ok TImes and times we JUST WANT TO PASS! That sadly is what makes us human. When I was diagnosed wirh breast cancer at 29yr of marriage, I was told my health "is a deal breaker" and he filed for DIVORCE! He then said he would stay if I got rid of my beloved cats. I found light and am going to live DESPITE HIM, kept my cats and one day you too will get through it. The folks here are some of the nicest people anywhere and cat people in my book are some of the best out there! Focus on what makes YOU happy no matter if you hear a song on TV and it makes you dance with joy! Hugging your furkids, whatever it may be. And I for one am here for you♡♡♡♡ Do not focus on a death but the life prior and honor it!

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know what its like to feel so down. This time of year can certainly make it harder especially with the losses you have suffered. I'm sorry your partner is so heartless. Maybe this will be an opportunity for you to take care of yourself and heal your pain. Although things seem low right now, remember that as a person you are quite valuable and anyone who can't see that is a moron. You and Gracie will get through this.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much all of you . Dad sadly thought he was doing everyone a favour by doing what he did however ended up destroying people by doing it too . This site and the people have been great , some evenings after work just log on and read.. Max's Human Max's Human that’s been awful and glad you recovered and as you say got through it.. will try get through next few days and hope for fresh start for Gracie and I in the new year x

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sweetie.... I mean that... I am in my early 60's... an only child.. my dad died on Jan 3 of 2012... it is still raw to me... I am an only child....I do not have a significant other.. I am alone... It does get lonely at times.. but I try to go out every day and connect with someone or something.. It is hard.. I get very lonely at times.. I mean it..at times, the emptiness has been overwhelming-- but I have survived.. I do not know how, but I have..

I guess the sayings I really hate are: "It gets better with time'; Things happen for a reason" .... but you know what? They are so true... It stinks, but they are true...
I try to take one day at a time..just about impossible for me, but I try... it does help..

All I can say is...that it is manageable.. I mean it.. Yes, times do get rough, but with the help of my religion, and my guy, Artie... and the wonderful friends I have met through this forum, it is manageable....

I am so sad and sorry that you are feeling so down.. Yes, it is the Season.. It is a love/hate relationship with it... but, because of the people here, a close friend, and my therapist, I have come to realize all my blessings... Yes, I dread the Christmas holidays, because it reminds me of sadder times with my dad: hospice care, hospitalization, his eventual death.. but, I have also become so thankful for what has been given to me:
My openness to having friends, my openness to people... thankfulness for what I have and the blessings/good things that have happened to me...

I honestly cannot relate to your life/terrible experiences...I cannot imagine dealing with a suicide...but, try think of good things.. the loving things you did with your DAD...
The ways he showed his love for you.. the ways you loved him...try to focus on good memories.. Good Memories always get us through the worst times...

I am glad you have Gracie.... Honestly, I do not know where I would be without my guy, Artie... despite all his health issue.. I have found music to help a ton..and my therapist..If you need meds, then take them...they are not, forever... just to get you through this...

Our "Loves' give us the fortitude to go on... they give us unconditional love..
Our babies are special to us...they give us a reason for living and loving...

I do not know if I have helped...but, please know, my heart and thoughts are with you...

(((((((HUGSS))))))))

Mumsy2420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have just joined on this site today, and came accross your thread, am so sorry you are going through this, I also have no family and friends, if you ever need to talk I am here, not sure how you can contact directly? lots of love and hugs ❤❤

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom it Is hard isn’t it this time of year . I always believed in fate and things happening for a reason and even god but last few years I feel haven’t got that . Gracie has been so sweet! She’s never been loving and it’s like I’m on a 5 minute timer when I smooth her; however today she has been my shadow and has let me hug, smooth and even hold her for a long time . Thank you everyone .. feel bit silly and maybe selfish as know I’m not the only one.. x

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Please: and in capitals for a reason.. DO NOT FEELS SILLY OR SELFISH!!!!
I MEAN IT!!!!

This is an awesome group, filled with awesome people...

If, if you feel, that I, can be of any help,,, PLEASE contact me... just use the @ feature. or contact me in a PM.....

please, I mean it....

((HUGS))

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I could have a great Xmas and you know that great life it others seem to have grasped easily .
~ Don't be so sure about the "great life" you think you see in others. Relationships are not always what we think. People have a lot of problems they don't expose on the surface .
Like music ? How about cooking ? Perhaps just go out and just mull around being lazy , thinking you have the freedom to just relax and take care of yourself and kitty. ( I like to do that myself )
Don't forget you can volunteer at any hospital and visit patients who are alone. Animal shelters also need volunteers. If you like you can try visitng some psychology web sites and read what they have to say about your feelings .
`:redcat: Be well and stay safe ... :hellocomputer:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad to read your post. I guess all of us have had these bad times. I do have my husband and our 3 kitties. We do not have any children and not too close relationships with nephews. Have a great niece but she is around 3 hours away from where we live. I really sometimes worry about what the future will bring, as we are both senior citizens, but just try to take one day at a time. I wish you were near us so that we could get together.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of that. I've definitely had years where I hated Christmas and my birthday because I felt they were milestones to remind me of how little I'd accomplished compared to others my age.

Good riddance to your partner and here's hoping 2018 will bring you a new and better one (who loves cats, of course). And don't give up on having that family. It's never too late.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"It's the most wonderful time of year" except for when it isn't. I'm sorry for you, and anyone else, who is going through loneliness this year. The season is a time for spending with family, yet it also highlights all our family losses. And I'm sure it doesn't help that it's winter and the shortest days of the year. Plus you're feeling under the weather with your cold.

Enjoy your day with Gracie. Maybe go out tomorrow and buy her a little Christmas present, just a catnip toy or something. Wrap it, and when you have a quiet time with Gracie, make a big deal of her gift. And, maybe even buy yourself something special from Gracie. She may be "just a cat" but she's also a part of your family, so enjoy your Christmas day with her.

And this time next week the holidays will almost be over and you'll have a new year, and a new life, to plan. :hugs: