Anyone Else Have Cats With Opposite Personalities??

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two are very different and probably not a great fit together. Kaia tolerates Binx but doesn’t love him. If he tries to play with her, 50% of the time she will hiss at him, and the other 50% she will play half heartedly for 2 min before she’s had enough. She isn’t overly affectionate at all, it’s very much on her terms. She doesn’t mind being carried, but doesn’t like to be petted for long (most affectionate in the morning). She wants to be outside, constantly looking out the window and is very adventurous. Really hates being kept inside. She doesn’t play with toys at all. She eats, sleeps and looks out the window. She’s very confident and not afraid of anything.

Binx is opposite. He loves to play, will bat lots of random things around or just run around the house crazy and jump at the walls. He doesn’t mind being an inside cat. He loves watching out the window but doesn’t try to get out and seems content. He’s affectionate again on his terms, not a lap cat unless I’m in my bed...at which point he’s always beside me. He’s very confident and loves other animals. He is skittish with loud sounds. He wrestles with our dog constantly and attempts to play with Kaia. Haha

They are so different. I think Binx would love a cat like him.....someone who will sleep with him and not just near him, someone to play chase with, etc. He’s happy nonetheless though I think.

Anyone else with two cats of opposite personalities?

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge are stark opposites - Toffee is very sociable with both us and other cats, and craves human affection. He has what is probably most accurately described as a "needy" personality - he's my little shadow and the second he begins to want or miss me, he immediately starts meowing. He's got quite a strong and feisty personality though being the runt of the litter, and we still call him a little kitten as even though he's 2 he still acts like one!
Fudge, however, is fairly affectionate but on his own terms mostly. He's pretty fine without human affection but he will come up and cuddle/kiss us regularly. He's the less strong out of the two in terms of personality, and isn't as energetic or agile as Toffee is. We call them father and son, since even though they're brothers Fudge acts like the older cat.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie and Selene are, I think, fundamentally the same. They're both smart, confident, and loving (albeit in their own ways.) Differences can be chalked up to the fact that Charlie was feral for his first two months, while Selene has always been around people.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My former MC was very lady like, walks very gently and softly like she was on air lol. She would not tolerate other cats at all, she only let Leo my other former cat to hang around with her but only on her terms though. If leo came by to sniff her to say hello she would give him a slap in the face to let him know to stop as if to say leave me alone, she was independant and preferred to be alone most of the time, she would allow you to pat her on her terms and will sit on your lap if she wanted to which was a rare thing. I would try to get her in the house but she didnt like being inside for too long. She owned the perimiter around the front yard and in 19 years she left the front yard once only to run away from kids chasing her. She was very gentle , sweet, quiet, with the kindest meow in her voice, but she didnt meow alot. She was very light, like a feather, when you picked her up it was like you were holding nothing and she didnt like to be held up and never liked belly rubs.

Leo my other former cat was a big boy , tripple the size of MC 6.5 kg, he was also very gentle, sweet and very talkative with me, i would be having conversations with him lol. He loved to be inside and always wait at the door to be let in to sleep on my bed at night. I think Leo adored MC, cause he would always come from the back yard to the front yard to lay down near her every morning, afternoon at 3 pm and at night, even though she would never go to him, he would find her.
Leo roamed around the neighbourhood, prety much everyone knew him. He loved being on my lap, when he first appeared in my backard as a stray, he was like velcro to my lap, the minute i sat down, instantly he was forcing his way onto my lap i would let him sit for 30 min and then try to move him off me and he would push himself back on lol. In mornings before i go to work he enjoyed his 15 minutes of belly rub on my lap. And his 20 min belly rub when i returned.

Atlas was feral that gradually became almost domesticated, he was vicious at the start, one minue he was sweet , then would go nuts and try to shred you to peices. He would torment Leo, by chasing leo around all the time, eating leos food and taking leos outdoor mats and atlas was half Leos size. Gradually atlas was able to sit on my lap without shredding me to peices and leo and atlas would hand out together in the back yard. and sleep near eachother.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're similar in some ways, opposites in others.

Amelia is very good at being a cat. Stealthy, graceful, excellent hunter (of toys), prone to enjoying a little Schadenfreude, the whole nine yards. Her mom must have done a killer job socializing her, though, because for all that she bats at me to get my attention, she doesn't hurt me.

Mischief is goofy and clumsy and likes to lick sticky adhesives. She loves to wrestle Amelia but usually loses even though she is much bigger. She plays with toys but prefers chasing to hunting (her hunting style is really just pounce 'n pray). Her claw inhibition is not where I'd like it to be.

They're both really sweet cats, though they enjoy petting differently.

But they're good friends at this point even though we've all been together for less than two months. They like to play together and they groom each other. Amelia occasionally forgets her dignity and tries to get Mischief's tail just like a little kitten. Mischief can't return the favor because Amelia only has half a tail. Life is good in our home.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughters cat's are totally different,One is shy the other is a crazy in your face cat :redcat::clapcat:a bit like this:thumbsup:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I have ten cats and they all have their own unique personalities.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have nine and all of them are very different. Strangely enough, the two with the most differences in their personalities get along wonderfully. Freya was our seventh cat and was found as a small feral kitten. She avoids all the other cats, but she tolerates Astrid, cat #2. She used to rarely let anyone but my daughter pet her. Last year, when Freya was 3 1/2, we found a tiny, sickly kitten who was 4-6 weeks old. We named him Silas. Silas grew quickly. At 1, he is the longest and tallest of all our cats, although he is not the heaviest. (That is Fennimore, who weighs 18-ish pounds.) Silas loves to play with all the cats and is playfully rough. Freya loves Silas. She actually seeks him out to play and will sleep near him. It is a big deal since she will not even eat with the rest of the cats and their personalities are so different. She has warmed up a lot to the humans in the house since Silas's arrival, although, she is not cuddly or even affectionate to anyone other than my daughter and, recently, my husband. Silas wants attention all the time. Freya avoids it 97% of the time.

It is also funny because Silas is such a big cat--and getting bigger every day!--and Freya is small. Including her tail, she is about 16"/17" long and roughly 5lbs. Her nickname is Little Baby because she is so small. Silas's is 37" long. I am unsure of his weight, but, based on the cats whose weights I do know, He is probably 10-11lbs but slender and long with a lot of puffy fur. (He just turned 1 the last week of July/first week of August.)