Anyone Believe In Signs From Afterlife? What Do You Think Of This?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Yes, you were given a sign. All is well with your furbaby, and he waits patiently for when you, in the fullness of time, will join him once more.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father was always the peacemaker of the family, and when he died, he regretted that he couldn't end a feud between two of his grandsons- brothers who hadn't spoken in 3 years.
Ten years after his death, the older brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and given 4 months to live. Twice, during his last months, Larry had to be taken to the hospital where, in his delirium, he was heard to say, very plainly, "Grandpa says it isn't time to go yet". When he was taken to the hospital for what turned out to be for

the last time, his brother broke down and went to see him, where they made up, and spent the day trying to make up for 14 years of silence. Late that night, after everyone had been sent home by the staff, Larry died. He was given 4 months; he lasted 11.
At the funeral parlor, Larry's niece was sitting on one side of the room, when she sat up like she had been hit with a cattle prod. She later said that Larry had appeared in front of her, in his usual dress of T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers, and spoke to her. He said "Don't worry, Mikey (her younger brother, who was racing go-carts on the final night of the season) is doing fine". He then disappeared.
A sign of the afterlife? You can take that ,or not, whichever is your pleasure, but I choose to believe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My father was always the peacemaker of the family, and when he died, he regretted that he couldn't end a feud between two of his grandsons- brothers who hadn't spoken in 3 years.
Ten years after his death, the older brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and given 4 months to live. Twice, during his last months, Larry had to be taken to the hospital where, in his delirium, he was heard to say, very plainly, "Grandpa says it isn't time to go yet". When he was taken to the hospital for what turned out to be for

the last time, his brother broke down and went to see him, where they made up, and spent the day trying to make up for 14 years of silence. Late that night, after everyone had been sent home by the staff, Larry died. He was given 4 months; he lasted 11.
At the funeral parlor, Larry's niece was sitting on one side of the room, when she sat up like she had been hit with a cattle prod. She later said that Larry had appeared in front of her, in his usual dress of T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers, and spoke to her. He said "Don't worry, Mikey (her younger brother, who was racing go-carts on the final night of the season) is doing fine". He then disappeared.
A sign of the afterlife? You can take that ,or not, whichever is your pleasure, but I choose to believe.
Amazing story, thanks for sharing this

baxtersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my 24 year old brother in 1986 from a motorcycle accident. Since then, any time anyone in my family would see what we called an uncle sam (it's actually an Oleander moth) we would say it was a sign from him. (His name was Sam). I used to see them all the time but haven't seen one in many years as there are no more Oleander bushes around here. The day my last cat, Scooter, died, I had seen an uncle sam on the cat house out back. I took pictures of it as it had been so long since I had seen one. That night Scooter unexpectedly died. The next morning I was outside near the cat house and saw the uncle sam dead under it. Now I feel like it was some sort of sign or omen. I'm posting a picture of an uncle sam so you know what I'm talking about.
20181031_150202.jpg

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
I have posted about Jojo before, on this subject. I still feel the bed move with his steps and Like many others have said of their kitties, Nola sometimes acts out of her character and into his. If we can have ancestors as guides then why not beloved animal companions? After all, who sees us without judgement when no one else is looking? When Jojo was a kitten (up to 1 year I consider them kittens) he would do things that my daughters cat Moses did. Unusual things that were very specific to Moses. So I ask, why wouldn't any beloved companion be able to mirror the one who has crossed the veil? When we see, hear, and feel signs we have opened our heart and natural spirit to what we ourselves will be able to do eventually. Accepting this within ourselves helps us realize the eternal natural soul. We still grieve and still long for the earthly presence. It's a part of our being here in this realm. Yet, moment by moment the times we know our loved ones are near if we allow ourselves to feel the happy heartbeat of recognition of them and just say to Blessed are those who can have these experiences ourselves, it's okay, we allow what they desire. To always love them. Blessed are those who can have these experiences and allow love to prevail. I also believe they help us find another to love. They are not jealous or angry, none of the petty emotions we fear. Nor do they fear we would forget. Instead, know that the love we have felt is valuable and they want us to keep feeling the love, because that is their most precious gift to us!

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Animals have souls, just like us. Your cat is probably with you right now, trying to offer comfort. When my Augie crossed over I was awakened every night for around 2 weeks by the tap of his paw for me to lift up the covers to let him jump in bed with me. I could feel his weight as he settled down on the bed next to me. So yes I do believe in an afterlife. And you can talk to your cat too. Sit or lie down and still your mind. Picture your cat in your mind's eye and talk to him. We lost our Bounder a year ago last November and I occasionally will have a lucid dream with him in it. The last time he came to me in a lucid dream, I was laying in bed and he jumped up for cuddles and I asked him when he was planning on coming back to us and how would we find him when he did and he said his garage number was 34! I'm still trying to figure that one out! lol.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Animals have souls, just like us
Some (our Ancestors?) say that all Creatures share the same Soul, which is only One and cannot be divided and cannot neither vanish nor created (statement that appears in different words in most modern religious beliefs).

Interestingly, modern science discovered that cats have similar memory structure and similar affection zones in the brain to the human ones. Cats have very sophisticated body language (which we are still far to understand completely), can learn foreign language (they communicate to humans by sounds- meows).

Given these similarities, it would be very difficult to deny that cats have souls (or share the same Soul with all Creatures, whatever).

Last edited:

EmeraldX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a lot that is unknown about what happens when a being passes on, that's for sure. I hear of a lot of these stories about signs that appear to be coincidences, but I honestly don't think they are. I honestly believe that they are signs in some way or another, and I believe that it is some form of their spirit trying to communicate. I haven't experienced one of these myself, given how young I am at the moment, but I feel that somewhere there will be a sign.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some (our Ancestors?) say that all Creatures share the same Soul, which is only One and cannot be divided and cannot neither vanish nor created (statement that appears in different words in most modern religious beliefs).

Interestingly, modern science discovered that cats have similar memory structure and similar affection zones in the brain to the human ones. Cats have very sophisticated body language (which we are still far to understand completely), can learn foreign language (they communicate to humans by sounds- meows).

Given these similarities, it would be very difficult to deny that cats have souls (or share the same Soul with all Creatures, whatever).
Native Americans believe all things of the earth are of the great spirit and alive, even rocks and trees. The older I get and the deeper my spirituality gets, I tend to believe it.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Native Americans believe all things of the earth are of the great spirit and alive, even rocks and trees. The older I get and the deeper my spirituality gets, I tend to believe it.
I do believe that plants, trees, etc, have a soul and the ability to feel and somehow think.
To most people it will sound weird and totally crazy that I believe the same for objects.

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We still get visits now and again from our Ziggy who went to rainbow bridge over 3 years ago I feel her climb on the bed at night and lay at my feet weird or what me and Zigs were very close.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I do believe in signs. Even if some might dismiss them, if they help you, I say they mean something. :hearthrob:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I beleive in an after life, and i beleive that our pets do come back to visit us. I have seen and experienced a few things since january until last week that to me are signs that they are visiting. Some people might say its a coincidence but some of the things i have seen and heard is far from coincidence and not my imagination.

I beleive that there is something after death, i beleive pets and humans do come back as a spirit and show us signs when were are carrying on with our lives with out them.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he said his garage number was 34! I'm still trying to figure that one out! lol.
Do you or someone you are close to, maybe someone who was also fond of your Cat, live in or near an apartment complex, condos, or something similar that has covered parking spots? Those are usually numbered.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you or someone you are close to, maybe someone who was also fond of your Cat, live in or near an apartment complex, condos, or something similar that has covered parking spots? Those are usually numbered.
Our nextdoor neighbor has a garage and his address has a 34 in it. So I'm thinking that I should talk to my neighbor and tell him if he sees a stray kitten around to come get me! Several years ago he knocked on my door and asked if my cats were fixed. I told him yeah all of them are. He then told me that there was a kitten under one of his sheds that he couldn't get out. I went out there and meowed to it and she came right too me. She was a beautiful torti kitten. She was dehydrated. I took her to the vets to get fluids and she perked right up. And I found her a home. So maybe Bounder remembers that and is just waiting for a stray cat to have kittens under the shed? I dunno.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our nextdoor neighbor has a garage and his address has a 34 in it. So I'm thinking that I should talk to my neighbor and tell him if he sees a stray kitten around to come get me! Several years ago he knocked on my door and asked if my cats were fixed. I told him yeah all of them are. He then told me that there was a kitten under one of his sheds that he couldn't get out. I went out there and meowed to it and she came right too me. She was a beautiful torti kitten. She was dehydrated. I took her to the vets to get fluids and she perked right up. And I found her a home. So maybe Bounder remembers that and is just waiting for a stray cat to have kittens under the shed? I dunno.
That may be the case. I saw a poem somewhere, most likely here, that I think sums up these little signs perfectly.

"Before Humans die they write their last will and testament.
They give their home and all they have to those they leave behind.
If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home. My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows, and all my toys. The lap I loved so much. The hand that stroked my fur, and the voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter Cat the place I had in my Human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please don't say, "I'll never have a Cat again, for the loss is more than I can stand."
Instead go find an unloved Cat, one who's life has no joy or hope, and give my place to them.

This is the only thing I can give, the love I left behind."

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That may be the case. I saw a poem somewhere, most likely here, that I think sums up these little signs perfectly.

"Before Humans die they write their last will and testament.
They give their home and all they have to those they leave behind.
If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home. My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows, and all my toys. The lap I loved so much. The hand that stroked my fur, and the voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter Cat the place I had in my Human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please don't say, "I'll never have a Cat again, for the loss is more than I can stand."
Instead go find an unloved Cat, one who's life has no joy or hope, and give my place to them.

This is the only thing I can give, the love I left behind."
That's beautiful :bawling: