Anybody know anything about how facebook messanger works?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm asking because lately if I'm on Kindle talking to someone the conversation will pop up on the computer where my husband is. It's not like I have my facebook open on that computer either. Not that we are talking about secret stuff (and it's just my sister), but I don't really like that it's doing that. Any ideas why and how to prevent it?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never used kindle but is there something in the settings about sharing?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can turn off sync on the Kindle. I'm not familiar with Kindles, but assuming they're like other tablets, you can.choose to turn off sync entirely or pick individual apps you don't want to sync.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will check on the sync thing. I don't know a lot about the setting, but I know I set it to sync with the other kindles. I didn't think it would sync with my desktop. I'm on my windows tablet right now and it doesn't seem to be popping up on the desktop.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will going into FB go to settings/security and turn off notifications for messenger work?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've sort of solved the issue by using my windows 2 in 1 tablet instead of the kindles. I don't think it's gmail related, because I don't have gmail on the kindles.