Anybody ever recycled cat furniture parts?

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm curious if anyone else has done what I did here...I had this trixie cat furniture castle thing (that brown cat furniture you see in my profile picture) it had at the base a brown base with two stepping stools and a cylindrical section that connected the base with the second base, and that had two holes for a cat to walk through-with the second plate having a tall pole with that brown cat bed and two stepping stools.........and a separate thing from petco which was a grey base and rising cat scratch pole that had a round cat bed on the top. Well the trixie thing was breaking down while the thing from petco was suffering from the cat bed tilting and weakening so....I dismantled both (no small effort, it was incredibly difficult to get that cylindrical thing off the trixie base) and salvaged the cylindrical part of the trixie furniture while placing that grey cat bed on the top of it-I put that on the top of my computer desk and have found that Prince and Nikita adore it. The bed fits on the top of that cylinder perfectly, so many times they'll either be cuddling together in the bed or one will be on the bed while the other is curled up inside the cylinder.

Attachments

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
I do allllllllll the time!

I’m a wildlife rehabilitator and specialize in baby mammals. Anything rejected by the cats, or too small for most adults, goes to the wild babies. Anything that has been lovingly used - like your trees - gets cleaned, disinfected, re-covered, and goes to them too.

Occasionally we foster (pet) rat mischiefs, sugar glider colonies, ferret businesses, and groups of other small pets, so they also get use out of these things too, as well as tunnels, cat toys, treat mazes, and play pens.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious if anyone else has done what I did here...I had this trixie cat furniture castle thing (that brown cat furniture you see in my profile picture) it had at the base a brown base with two stepping stools and a cylindrical section that connected the base with the second base, and that had two holes for a cat to walk through-with the second plate having a tall pole with that brown cat bed and two stepping stools.........and a separate thing from petco which was a grey base and rising cat scratch pole that had a round cat bed on the top. Well the trixie thing was breaking down while the thing from petco was suffering from the cat bed tilting and weakening so....I dismantled both (no small effort, it was incredibly difficult to get that cylindrical thing off the trixie base) and salvaged the cylindrical part of the trixie furniture while placing that grey cat bed on the top of it-I put that on the top of my computer desk and have found that Prince and Nikita adore it. The bed fits on the top of that cylinder perfectly, so many times they'll either be cuddling together in the bed or one will be on the bed while the other is curled up inside the cylinder.
Nice work....looks great and has obviously earned a 5 star approval.