Anybody Else do Stiching?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started doing embroidery this past summer as a new hobby to do doing quarantine. I find it to be a pleasant hobby while listening to music or watching tv. I'm not the greatest at it but I've managed to freehand a couple of shirts and a mask, and for Christmas Im stiching a pouch for one of my friends.
I started it last night, so I am not very far in it yet (plus satin stiches are very time consuming).
1209202326.jpg
1210201638.jpg

(Please dont judge me, I'm not very good at it yet lol)

Anybody else do stitching?

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Satin stitch is not a fun stitch. You might find an embroidery hoop gives you a better hold on the base material.Tension helps alot withthe finish. Your friend will be overwhelmed with the gift as you put time and thought in. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Satin stitch is not a fun stitch. You might find an embroidery hoop gives you a better hold on the base material.Tension helps alot withthe finish. Your friend will be overwhelmed with the gift as you put time and thought in. :)
Thanks! I usually use a hoop but the pouch is pretty smsll and I dont have a hoop that would fit it. I should go to the craft store soon, so maybe I'll check then.
Thank you! :)

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cross stitch sometimes but I primarily crochet, so I haven't done a lot of stitching in the last year or so.
That's awesome! I've tried crocheting (and knitting) but I just can't seem to stick with it. I think its a great hobby though!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried crocheting (and knitting) but I just can't seem to stick with it.
I learned both as a kid growing up from my best friend's grandma. I preferred knitting to crocheting and also did a bit of embroidery. Not sure what happened but the last time I did any type of stitching was on my favorite pair of denim cut offs in college. :biggrin:

One of the teachers I worked with is an avid knitter and weaver. She has given me several presents she knitted or weaved for my birthday including a knitting kit to get me started again. I did it for a bit but then stopped. I really should go back to it so thanks for the reminder. :thanks:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, that's so cute. :redheartpump:

I did some embroidery when I was younger. I also did cross stitch. And I used to knit, as well as do hooked rugs. I even used to sew clothes. But haven't done any of those things in years.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely that's awesome! my best friends knit and crochet. I think it's a super great skill to learn!
You should totally go for starting that knitting kit if/when you have the time! :hearthrob:
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! And how wonderful! Did you have a favorite out of hooking rugs, cross stitch, embroidery, sewing, or kniting?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome! I've tried crocheting (and knitting) but I just can't seem to stick with it. I think its a great hobby though!
I've been crocheting since I was 9, so 25 years of experience has gotten me to the point where I don't use patterns anymore and just make whatever my mind thinks up. I'm crocheting this massive stuffed toy for my brother in law based solely on a picture of the cartoon it is originally from. I'm nearly done.