Anybody checking out Prime on Oct 13/14?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't find anything interesting, but hubby saw and ordered fitted sheets and a tabletop note stand. The local DHL distribution center has been hit by SARS-CoV-2, with 90 positive tests, so who knows when the packages will arrive?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Which one? The 5-in-1 or the XL? I started out testing the 5-in-1 and really liked it. Then I tested the XL and really like that one, too; fortunately I was allowed to keep both of them after testing. I gave the 5-in-1 to Bob, my co-worker and he likes it, too. I probably use our XL 4 times a week. For pretty much everything, even casseroles. So nice to just heat up the NFG instead of the large oven. Baked potatoes are wonderful! Congratulations! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love ours!
I got the XL and it's already here!!! The box if heavy. If I have a chance I will unpack it later today.

I would love to find something to take the 'greasy' film off my eyeglasses. Mask wearing is really doing a number on them. I keep touching my mask to re-adjust it. It just keeps getting fogged up; no matter what type of mask I wear.
We use these and they work well -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ST1X7LP/?tag=thecatsite

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They sent me a $10 off on my prime day purchase coupon when I made a purchase earlier this month, I used it on a set of two xl microfiber towels which was 14$ on sale- only $4 with the coupon. I have really long hair and will use the towels to dry it gently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our PhoneSoap came yesterday. It just sanitizes and disinfects your phone, but doesn't actually clean....whatever fingerprints and such that are on your phone will still be there. We did our phones and our keys. Rick was able to put his glasses in, but mine are too big. My friend has two PhoneSoaps; he's uses his phone for everything, so he disinfects both at work and at home.

Easy to use, just plug it in, put your phone in, shut the lid, and the light goes on. It takes exactly ten minutes. The light goes off, unplug it, take your phone out and you're good to go.

The Ninja brewer should be here on Monday.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd gotten emails asking if I wanted to join the Amazon workers who wanted to strike.
Wow!! I hear stuff occasionally online about unhappy Amazon workers but I have 2 friends who both work for Amazon IRL and they totally love their jobs. I sometimes wonder if its a load of propaganda from competitors online.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!! I hear stuff occasionally online about unhappy Amazon workers but I have 2 friends who both work for Amazon IRL and they totally love their jobs. I sometimes wonder if its a load of propaganda from competitors online.
One of my coworkers has a second job at an Amazon warehouse. She loves the job. They treat her well and are flexible with her hours because they know she has a day job.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the XL and it's already here!!! The box if heavy. If I have a chance I will unpack it later today.

We use these and they work well -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ST1X7LP/?tag=thecatsite

Thanks..

Please let us know how you feel about this!! I really want to know... if I should replace my 9 year old Cuisanart Convection Toaster Oven with an new $200 dollar Ninja ifoood grille..

I will appreciate your honest opinion this..

thanks

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got my cheap $5 tablet stand and Sopdet had to inspect it before giving her approval. As soon as I opened it up she came over to sniff while Treasure was chasing a leaf. Haha Anyway it passed inspection

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something just got here but my kids know it’s Christmas stuff so we haven’t opened it yet. The rule has always been that if they see their gifts I have to return them. They keep their distance. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee in the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer. I bought it because of all the k-cups we were trying to recycle. Trying to recycle plastic has gotten to be a joke and we didn't want to do deal with k-cups anymore. Anyway, this is an excellent cup of coffee. I used Half Caff from Keurig. It takes longer, but it also tastes richer and is much hotter than from our Keurig. Rick always drinks iced coffee, so tomorrow morning will be the test....have to see what he thinks.

Once we get all of our k-cups used, that will be it. We'll be buying ground coffee. And that means that we can experiment with all the neat little brew shops around.

NinjaCoffee.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee in the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer. I bought it because of all the k-cups we were trying to recycle. Trying to recycle plastic has gotten to be a joke and we didn't want to do deal with k-cups anymore. Anyway, this is an excellent cup of coffee. I used Half Caff from Keurig. It takes longer, but it also tastes richer and is much hotter than from our Keurig. Rick always drinks iced coffee, so tomorrow morning will be the test....have to see what he thinks.

Once we get all of our k-cups used, that will be it. We'll be buying ground coffee. And that means that we can experiment with all the neat little brew shops around.

View attachment 355591
Do yourself a favor. Get a coffee grinder and buy whole bean. Much better that way.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I’m thinking that, eventually, it will come to that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks nice!! We’ve been using grounds again and I mix my own so its half caff most days.

One of my boxes from Amazon on Saturday was someone elses order. Its a big box too. Thankfully DH can bring it to a drop-off point on his way to work. I should get my stuff by Wednesday. And also thankfully it wasn’t the order with cat food! 😉

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Things have been crazy in my house and I've been eating a lot of takeout and quick meals, but I did try the Ninja once.

First off, it's huge -

IMG_2018.JPG

It wasn't too hard to get it going. I tried out some marinated chicken that I bought. It was at the right temp when I took it out and the chicken was very juicy. We liked it. I just need to figure out where to store the grill for easy access.

IMG_2020.JPG

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Things have been crazy in my house and I've been eating a lot of takeout and quick meals, but I did try the Ninja once.

First off, it's huge -

View attachment 358053

It wasn't too hard to get it going. I tried out some marinated chicken that I bought. It was at the right temp when I took it out and the chicken was very juicy. We liked it. I just need to figure out where to store the grill for easy access.

View attachment 358061
Thanks, I thought it was going to be big.. Perhaps by the time that I am ready to buy one, they will compact them a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have the XL, too.
That chicken looks so good. I think the two easiest foods to make in the NFG are chicken and baked potatoes (whether white or sweet).
I keep the grill plate inside the NFG. And I just store the air-crisper pan in the hutch in the kitchen.
Don't forget to try some casseroles, too; they're easy to make and you don't have to heat your oven. Mac and cheese, baked ziti, tuna and noodles, etc. Just throw it into the main food pan. Turn the temp down 25F from what you'd normally bake it. And keep a close eye. It won't take as long as it does in the oven.
Roast chicken is fantastic. You'll have to spatchcock it. But it's wonderful.

artiemom artiemom , I had the 5-in-1 first. It is smaller and would be perfect for you. And I was able to bake small cakes in that one. And biscuits.

No, I don't own stock in Ninja or anything. But honestly, this thing? It's really a good product.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is cleaning it Winchester Winchester ?

We used the George Foremans a lot years ago but DH and I got so sick of cleaning the plates. Even when they made them removeable. we sold all ours at our garage sale. :dizzy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Honestly MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , cleaning is a breeze. I haven't had a problem with food sticking or anything. Many people will call for using oil, but the only time I really oil anything is when I'm doing baked potatoes. If I'm doing a casserole, I will spray the pan (avocado oil, because it has a higher smoking point). But you can either wash the pieces by hand or throw them in the dishwasher; I do either, depending on how lazy I feel.

The screen can get pretty dirty. I throw it in the dishwasher almost every time I use it. A lot of people will spray it with oven cleaner every once in a while to keep it looking nicer. I've had my XL since late spring and it still looks good. I have found that the worst part to clean is the inside of the lid, where the heating mechanism is. It can get greasy. I clean it with a Mr. Clean wipe and it seems to work OK.

I have a couple GF grills and they are a total PITB to clean! As much as I loved using the GF party grill (the big round grill), it was a hassle to clean.