Any Yankee fans here?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a shame that there are no other Yankees fans here.........So I am probably talking to myself, but I was at the game tonight and I can't tell you how amazing it was! My friend has season tickets, has for 20 years, and he said it was the best playoff game he has seen yet! It was quite an experience!
And that's all I have to say about that

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am. Of course, I'm also a White Sox fan, but because i lived closer to the South Side of Chicago then the North.

I didn't get to watch last night. I never understood baseball until I watched the Yankees on TV while living in Syracuse. It was such a lively game that I started to understand the nuances of the sport. Now, I love it. So, for teaching me about baseball, I love the Yankees.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in NJ but I do not like or root for the Yankees, never liked them or the Mets. I was really hoping the Twins would win last night but the Yanks lucked out, there was a misjudged ball that should have been fair and the ump called it fowl. The Twins should've won the game altho they messed themselves up with bases loaded, no outs and they couldn't score. If the Yanks get to the LCS, I hope they lose.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Mets fan, so I guess that answers the thread's title.

I'm also from Minneapolis, so I'll always root for the Twins. Last night's game was painful.
That blown foul call on a ball that was fair, the Twins leaving bases loaded twice......twice....*sigh* - painfully reminded me of the Mets' season.

But I'm hoping the Twins can pull this out, playing the way they did to creep up on Detroit and win the Division after Detroit had led for so many weeks.

These games have been nail-biting, though, and I love good baseball.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched that game yesterday - luckily for us it was live here in NZ and it was a nail biter!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ME!! I'm a Yankee's fan!! (I'm a New Yorker how can i NOT be a Yankees fan!)
However, not a huge fan of A-rod...he annoys me but he is a good ball player. I just think Jeter is nicer and a better all around player.

But yeah last night's game was awesome.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

ME!! I'm a Yankee's fan!! (I'm a New Yorker how can i NOT be a Yankees fan!)
I'm a New Yorker, and I find it very easy NOT to be a Yankees fan.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am sooo sorry to all the Twins fans out there........For sweeping them!
not trying to be mean, it really was an amazing game to be at on Friday, one of the best games ever, and I was there! Then to win tonight, which happened to be my birthday, was awesome!!!!!! I am a big Yankees fan, have been for a long time, and this team is exceptional......

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I am a big Yankees fan, have been for a long time, and this team is exceptional......
Happy belated birthday cheylink. I'm from a family of Yankee fans, except my dad. he doesn't like baseball - he's big into international soccer because he was born overseas. He'd make fun of my brother and my mom and me
I like this 2009 team. I'll sometimes groan about Joba Chamberlain but 95% of Yankee fans do too.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Nope - live in MN (and lived in Maryland before that) - do you HONESTLY think I'm a Yankees fan??????
oh, that's a double whammy

Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I love the Yankees.
how cool/rare/unique to like the Yankees and the White Sox. Never heard that one before

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I watched that game yesterday - luckily for us it was live here in NZ and it was a nail biter!
that's cool. I didn't know people in NZ watched American baseball

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whuckleberry i predicted your team would win the ALDS in 5 grueling games. i was wrong wrong wrong

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, in the spirit of keeping the baseball thread alive......
I am happy to say the Yankees won tonight! I am just as nervous for tomorrows game though. The Angels are a fierce team, and weren't their best tonight....but I will still take the win
The dodgers beat the Phillies today, also I think the Phillies weren't playing their best game. A lot of Yankee fans want to play the Dodgers, I have mixed feelings about that.........
By the way, Maia is a Yankee fan to........

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, your cat looks cute in the hat. I'm real happy as you can imagine. Here's a pic montage of the MVP - I'm real happy for him http://xr.com/HMatsui If they don't want him for 2010 and beyond they should just say "Sorry, you have messed up knees and we can't take any chances."