Any vets please help me. Is my cat just constipated or is it something worse

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
شوف اخوي انا ما ادري وين موجود انت بالضبط بس لازم تتاكد انه القطو ما عندوا بكتيريا خلي يسووا تحليل حق البراز هذا واحد الشي الثاني عندها الصفائح الدموية عالية ويمكن هذا يدل على شي بس ما هذا الشي ؟ ليس لدي فكرة اطلاقا .

انا افضل لو تحاول تكلم دكتور ثاني عشان يأكد لك هذا الموضوع
ايضا لازم تشوف اذا في مشكلة بالمعدة و الامعاء لانه اغلي المشاكل اللي مثل هذه تحدث بسبب مشاكل في الجهاز الهضمي
Translated from Google Translate :

'Look, my brother, I don't know where you are exactly, but you must make sure that the cat does not have bacteria. Let them do the stool analysis. This is one. The second thing is that the platelets are high, and this may indicate something, but what is this thing? I have no idea at all.

I would prefer if you try to talk to a second doctor to confirm this matter to you
Also, you should see if there is a problem with the stomach and intestines, because the most expensive problems such as these occur due to problems in the digestive system'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Simba’s mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like you have a really good team of Vets to help your Simba.
And you brought him to the right place...in order to help him.

Being only 6 years old, I would think that Simba will heal well, from whatever caused the blockage and constipation, in the first place.

Could Simba have eaten anything, which is not food?
Things like small sponges, hair ties, strings, even card board from boxes?

I think that they wrote on your report in the comments sections..."neutropenia" and "thrombocytosis"...which I absolutely know nothing about.
But I think your Vets will 'rule-out'...anything that they think is affecting your Simba, and treat his symptoms, before he goes home.

(my female dsh cat, at age 6, also had a partial blockage,...from eating part of a small green cleaning sponge, the Vet said.
She also needed an Enema, (just like your Simba did)...and it took about four or five days...until her poops were back to normal.
The Enema fluid, made her poop look yellow, like your Simba's and very watery.)

(My cat did not have any blood, though, but like the other member had mentioned, since it is fresh looking and red, it may just be from the anal glands, or closer to the rectum.)

I also did wonder if your Simba could have jumped or injured his lower back, and spine, in any way?
Are you able to touch him there,...and do you remember if he did any long or high jumps,...before this all happened?

Sending you Best Wishes, and Many Health Thoughts for your Simba, that he gets well fast, and recovers well. :vibes::vibes::caticon: :goodluck:

(oh, one last thing,..you mentioned that the doctors thought it was from hairballs, and that Simba is a long haired cat.
Does he shed a lot of fur, at this time of year, and do you brush him daily...with a 'furminator type of cat brush, or slicker type of cat brush'.?)
The only reason I ask, is because if your Simba, loves to groom, and swallows a lot of fur, you may ask your Vet, if getting a 'lion cut for your cat' would help at all. Especially if he vomits hairballs, too,...or you see a lot of fur...in his poop.)
Hii! Nope he didn’t eat anything that isn’t food. He is extremely picky with his food and water( if it hasn’t been refilled in a couple of hours). So no I don’t think he could’ve eaten anything. Unfortunately he stays with my grandma more than he does with me because iam always busy. She takes good care of him but doesn’t brush him daily. And he loveeees to groom but he’s coughed up like 6 hairballs in his lifetime. And Iam not with him often (as I said) so I don’t know If the fur goes out with the poop. I would make him get the lion cut but I heard it’s bad because it messes with their inner body temperature. Also, he doesn’t jump high often and if there was something wrong Iam sure the doctors would have noticed it.and no, he doesn’t mind me touching him anywhere. I went in today to take him home because we had to get another X-ray. The X-ray looked way better than before but he still has a lot of gases and a little bit of stool, which is normal because he’s back to eating (wet food from now on)and drinking. When we got back home he had dark pooped dark watery looking diarrhea and It kept leaking so he tried to poop again and little pieces came out with lotsss of farting. I’d say he made a MESS in his litter box today, But iam sure he feels good now. It’s just that He’s been with me for 5 hours and hasn’t woken up unless to drink water and when I fed him. And he seems soooo tired but iam guessing it’s because of the stress of being in the vet clinic for 3 days. Every time I went to see him he looked absolutely terrified and he was shaking. I really hope he feels better tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Simba’s mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like you have a really good team of Vets to help your Simba.
And you brought him to the right place...in order to help him.

Being only 6 years old, I would think that Simba will heal well, from whatever caused the blockage and constipation, in the first place.

Could Simba have eaten anything, which is not food?
Things like small sponges, hair ties, strings, even card board from boxes?

I think that they wrote on your report in the comments sections..."neutropenia" and "thrombocytosis"...which I absolutely know nothing about.
But I think your Vets will 'rule-out'...anything that they think is affecting your Simba, and treat his symptoms, before he goes home.

(my female dsh cat, at age 6, also had a partial blockage,...from eating part of a small green cleaning sponge, the Vet said.
She also needed an Enema, (just like your Simba did)...and it took about four or five days...until her poops were back to normal.
The Enema fluid, made her poop look yellow, like your Simba's and very watery.)

(My cat did not have any blood, though, but like the other member had mentioned, since it is fresh looking and red, it may just be from the anal glands, or closer to the rectum.)

I also did wonder if your Simba could have jumped or injured his lower back, and spine, in any way?
Are you able to touch him there,...and do you remember if he did any long or high jumps,...before this all happened?

Sending you Best Wishes, and Many Health Thoughts for your Simba, that he gets well fast, and recovers well. :vibes::vibes::caticon: :goodluck:

(oh, one last thing,..you mentioned that the doctors thought it was from hairballs, and that Simba is a long haired cat.
Does he shed a lot of fur, at this time of year, and do you brush him daily...with a 'furminator type of cat brush, or slicker type of cat brush'.?)
The only reason I ask, is because if your Simba, loves to groom, and swallows a lot of fur, you may ask your Vet, if getting a 'lion cut for your cat' would help at all. Especially if he vomits hairballs, too,...or you see a lot of fur...in his poop.)
Ohh and how is your cat doing now. Was her energy very low after the enema and stuff?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hii! Nope he didn’t eat anything that isn’t food. He is extremely picky with his food and water( if it hasn’t been refilled in a couple of hours). So no I don’t think he could’ve eaten anything. Unfortunately he stays with my grandma more than he does with me because iam always busy. She takes good care of him but doesn’t brush him daily. And he loveeees to groom but he’s coughed up like 6 hairballs in his lifetime. And Iam not with him often (as I said) so I don’t know If the fur goes out with the poop. I would make him get the lion cut but I heard it’s bad because it messes with their inner body temperature. Also, he doesn’t jump high often and if there was something wrong Iam sure the doctors would have noticed it.and no, he doesn’t mind me touching him anywhere.
Those are all good points, and you are right, that the Vets would have noticed if his back were in any pain, too.
Also, the Vets would have noticed if any foreign objects came out with the stool.
I went in today to take him home because we had to get another X-ray. The X-ray looked way better than before but he still has a lot of gases and a little bit of stool, which is normal because he’s back to eating (wet food from now on)and drinking. When we got back home he had dark pooped dark watery looking diarrhea and It kept leaking so he tried to poop again and little pieces came out with lotsss of farting. I’d say he made a MESS in his litter box today, But iam sure he feels good now. It’s just that He’s been with me for 5 hours and hasn’t woken up unless to drink water and when I fed him. And he seems soooo tired but iam guessing it’s because of the stress of being in the vet clinic for 3 days. Every time I went to see him he looked absolutely terrified and he was shaking. I really hope he feels better tomorrow.
I really hope your Simba feels better tomorrow, too. :caticon: :bluepaw:

And really good that the x-ray looked better. :greenpaw:
I wonder if the gases are from the Enema fluids, and lubrication,...or from the food...or maybe a combination of both.

If the Vets gave him some sedation, for the x-ray, then Simba may be tired from that,...(and also, from all the stress of being in the clinic, like you said).
They must have been giving him IV fluids, and some medication, too, while he was at the clinic?

So glad that Simba is back to eating. :thumbsup:
The eating and pooping, will get him stronger, every day.

When you say 'dark watery poops',...do you mean darker brown, and darker than before?
As long as the poops are not tarry black, but rather darker brown,...then it might be from the colour of the wet food that Simba is now eating.
(I'm sure your Vets would have told you what to look for with his poops, and how many days it will take to get to a normal soft poop log shape.)
Ohh and how is your cat doing now. Was her energy very low after the enema and stuff?
My female cat recovered very well from the Enema. She is fine, now.

Her energy was low after the Enema, and like Simba, she was leaking stool, for up to three or four days afterwards.
I had to place 'puppy pee pads' under wherever she was sleeping, so that the leaky stool, did not make a mess.
She did seem very sleepy, and tired,...for a few days.

(With me, I took her home the same day, as her Enema,..since she only stayed at the regular Vet clinic, for about 10 hours,...but I did have to give her back-end a bath...in a shallow tub of warm water...because when they gave her to me, she still had the Enema fluid, which was very greasy, and lubrication-like, on her back legs, and butt area...plus it was very yellowish-tan-brown,...like in your photo.)

The leakiness lasted about three to four days, and her Energy came back after two days.
But I think that the regular colour poop, came back after five days..(since it was the yellowish colour for a while).
I was so happy when she started to eat on her own, without me bringing her the cat food plate.

Did your Vets give you any medications for your Simba?
Or just special wet food?
Anything like SamE, for the Liver, or milk thistle, B12, or iron?

Do you have to bring Simba back, to repeat the blood tests?

Timewarpcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is just a general comment, because it's so stressful with medical problems.

A veterinarian (or human doctor) has to work the problem. Diagnosis takes some time. Then they will want to try conservative treatments before they do something like surgery, when possible. It sounds to me like your vet is doing a good job.

I'm sorry your cat and you are going through this and I hope kitty is better soon.