Any Vacuum suggestions?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dug out pictures of me taking the "Dyson Challenge", well sort of.  Just a before and after picture.

Before I used the vacuum. You can see the love seat and part of the carpet and they appear to be clean. The couch is not in the picture, but it was vacuumed. 

Click the images for larger views.

And after I vacuumed the rug and 2 pieces of furniture

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had a Hoover bagless - what a horrible experience!!!  I swear it clogged up so bad, we only used it several times..it was just not what I needed.

My dyson (the for pets version) - I adore :)
  Another Dyson for pets here, too....I just love that thing.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your Shark lasts you a good long time!  That reminds me, I need to vacuum

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Another Dyson for pets here, too....I just love that thing.
I'd love to get one of the new Dysons; they all have a ball now so it is easy to push and vacuum at angles. I tried one at a homeshow and I tried to think of a way to sneak one out! Vacuuming is very hard for me to do because of my back, but the ball made it so much easier. It was like the drag resistance that you get with regular vacuums wasn't there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to get one of the new Dysons; they all have a ball now so it is easy to push and vacuum at angles. I tried one at a homeshow and I tried to think of a way to sneak one out! Vacuuming is very hard for me to do because of my back, but the ball made it so much easier. It was like the drag resistance that you get with regular vacuums wasn't there.
The Shark has an easy turn similar to the Dyson, it rotates easily to get around corners. I didn't realize this when I bought it and it was a bonus :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were talking about getting the Dyson ball now, but our old Dyson is still going strong. The balls seem really nice. When we do get a new one, we'll use the old one in the basement until it dies.

(Still didn't take our Dyson down for a new hose...remember we had talked about that. We did put some electrical tape around the top to cover the holes and it's working OK. We'll get it down to Sears one of these days. The warranty expired long ago, so we'll have to pay for the new hose.)

snuffy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got a Shark from Amazon. Works wonders on both carpet and hard floors. I have 4 white and 1 black cats and dark grey carpeting (I rent so the color is not my choice) It gets up even the spots where they like to lay all the time.