Any theatre buffs out there?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I go to the theatre several times a year, be it in my own home town, London or Edinburgh.

We were booked to see "Ghost" in October but because of a lack of audience their closing it, so we've booked up for The Lion King.

Do you go to the theatre?. If so what have you seen and what's the best show you've seen.

My best show to date has to be The Jersey Boys which l've seen 5 times

http://jerseyboyslondon.com/

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been a couple of times, I've seen grease, and a couple of Shakespeare plays

Grease was the best because you could sing along as well

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've seen a few shows, but it isn't something we do often.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the arts, period! I love going to the Theater, unfortunately I lost touch with the friend that loved to go as much as I do. She ended up remarrying and having more kids and we just drifted apart.

I might one day buy a ticket just for myself and go. It won't be quite as fun as having gone with someone, but....

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We're season ticket holders to Broadway Across America, so get to see at least 8 performances per year that way, and they we usually add in a couple extra's throughout the year.  Gosh, so I've seen so many....can't really say which is my favorite.  Although the last one, just a couple of weeks ago, was WONDEFUL!  It was Million Dollar Quartet.  Was about Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash all meeting up one night in a recording studio and just "jamming".   But we've seen everything from an all male Swan Lake to The Color Purple to Spring Awakening.  Each year the plays are very diverse, and always include at least one play with someone famous.  (that's always fun!) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
   Although the last one, just a couple of weeks ago, was WONDEFUL!  It was Million Dollar Quartet.  Was about Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash all meeting up one night in a recording studio and just "jamming". 
That was on in London and l fancied that one as well, but i'm not sure it's still on?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I lived close to one I'd probably go!  It's a few hours drive to one but DH is REALLY not into that stuff.  Jersey Boys and Wicked look so good from things I've seen and heard!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE the theatre.  The only thing I miss about NY (other than Christmas at Rockefeller Plaza) is the theatre.      My favorite show, of course, is Phantom of the Opera.     We have a dinner theatre down here in SW Florida that puts on some pretty good shows.   Saw Footlose, a tribue to Elvis, The Buddy Holly Story, West Side Story and a few others.    Jersey Boys played here but we didn't get to see it.   The dinner theatre shows are not well known performers but the amateurs do a good job.   Grease is coming there soon and we plan to see it.

The perforners I would absolutely love to see (and would pay any price - well almost any price) would be Andrea Bocelli  and Neil Diamond.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely love the theatre, but I never get to go :sniffle" 1, it's expensive and 2, I have no one to go with! Altho I did drag my ex to 3 shows one year, a long time ago. We saw Phantom, South Pacific and one other I can't remember. I also made my mom go to see the ballet Giselle. I loved it but I'm pretty sure it was torture for her :lol3:

It's really sad too because here in Cleveland we have a an outstanding theatre district :(

Last edited: