Any TCSers Auditioning For "Think Like A Cat" TV special on Nov.15?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in Los Angeles, so it woulldn't be much of a trek for me. However, most of my cats are extremely shy around strangers. Ms SunLi is pretty friendly, though. I may just try to make the auditon on Sat Aug 2nd. I wish Simba were friendlier with strangers, because that boy is a riot, but SunLi is such a sweet, well behaved little lady.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo's mom drops in TCS a lot but only posts occassionally. Since I'm leaving for a vacation in the morning and won't be back here for 10 days, she's going to drop in and post pics of Mojo in the next few days. Her TCS name is Chesher.

I'm working with Photobucket to get my password reset, but I doubt it will be resolved by the morning.

chescher

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
....or so asks my husband (for Mojo)

sorry took me so long to post pics of Mojo... We had a fun time trying out for this show.... I expect NOTHING, but now have a great story about the auditions.

Here's my little (errrr.... yeah) Mojo....
...showing off his new MojoHawk haircut, as a kitten before his mane grew in, and playing with a catnip ball:

[/IMG]

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally got back to photobucket. I've posted these before, but wanted to share again. Look into these beautiful eyes and send vibes that he wins the contest!!

As a baby when we were fostering him:

On a visit to his home (DH is holding him):

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany
Oh now I remember him! I remember this picture very well! I remember thinking he was one of the most gorgeous cats I'd ever seen!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he's gorgeous!!!!! good lord his green eye and blue eye are striking!!
I hope he makes it

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Oh now I remember him! I remember this picture very well! I remember thinking he was one of the most gorgeous cats I'd ever seen!
Yup, and I'm not biased at all as his adopted auntie.

Mojo had 2 mind melds at my house: 1st time when he stood on top of our dogs head and the second time when Scarlett (my siggie pic) thwacked him and left a scar on his forehead for a few years. Meow Mix wants the dog in cat clothes (he passes that), and they want a star (Scarlett is my drama queen).

And I'll brag for him one more time. He went back for a trim at the vets the other day and they found out about his audition. His vet is the inventor of Cat Attract litter and Chescher asked him if he would sponsor Mojo. Or perhaps Mojo could be the cover model for the litter?!?!?

And perhaps I'll become his agent?

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, did any of the Bay Area folks audition for the game show? I went on Sunday but I highly doubt that we'll be picked. I could tell that the cat evaluator thought Buster looked very old but still allowed us to continue until the next round. They were hesitant because of his megacolon but they saw how calm and friendly he was. During the screen test, Buster was so sweet and hugged me. However, I know we won't get picked because Buster doesn't have the "right look" - his right ear is crumbled as a result of a hematoma surgery, he has gray fur on his face, and his back is on the thin side. When the evaluator handled him, she noticed that he smelled like urine. It turns out that Buster urinated in his carrier bed most likely while riding the BART. I should have brought my car. I had to lug his heavy dog-sized carrier throughout Union Square and happened to pass by the infamous Naked Cowboy from New York.

Anyway, I could have brought my younger cat, Holly Golightly, who is in great shape and health. Unfortunately, she flips out over everything and is pretty anti-social. She would probably scratch everyone involved.

The audition proceeded like the other poster mentioned. However, I don't think we were secretly taped in a room. I don't remember this at all. It was just a lot of waiting around. They are going to pick one cat from each city. I 'm so curious to see the winners. Regardless, my cat will always by my winner

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an update: Mojo didn't make the finals. My friend was to have received a call last week if he made it to them and never got that call.

Oh well.