Any suggestions for a good cat bed, for cats with arthritis?

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat recently started to have arthritic symptoms and now chooses to sleep on the couch instead of the carpet. I worry that, at times, jumping onto the couch may be hard for her. I'd like to get her a bed that can sit on the ground, easy for her to use. However, I was thinking that memory foam or something too cushioned might not be good, only because it might be harder for her to climb in and out. Yes, at the same time, I want it to be as comfortable for her as possible.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are orthopedic dog beds on the market.  That might work.  My mom has some for her dogs that the cats will also sleep on.  Hers are large but they make smaller size ones too.

beckkahh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to work at a pet store and the best beds were the bowser beds, They are for dogs but there are small ones cats could use. The best part is that when you wash them and put them in the dryer they fluff back up which can be very beneficial for animals with arthritis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I used to work at a pet store and the best beds were the bowser beds, They are for dogs but there are small ones cats could use. The best part is that when you wash them and put them in the dryer they fluff back up which can be very beneficial for animals with arthritis.
bowser beds, thanks! I'll see if I can find one.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using a heated throw (for people) because I have 2 cats and they can share it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a mat instead of a bed? No climbing in or out. I've seen memory foam pet mats in stores and online before. You could put the mat into a box with low sides if your cat prefers to be enclosed.

Or, you could get a memory foam chair cushion. One of my cats loves to sleep on a foam chair cushion. The cushion is flat, not tufted. Chair cushions aren't as expensive as a pet mat/bed.