Any Place To Order Pine Pellets Online (besides Feline Pine, Etc)

caspian915

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have been using Feline Pine for awhile now and have no problem with it, except I need to get around to investing in enclosed or high-walled sifting litter boxes--the newest addition to the family likes to dig and throw litter everywhere, mostly as a way to protest not being fed at 5am.

Anyhow, I keep reading I should just get horse bedding pellets or something similar at Tractor Supply Company. However, I don't own a car and there is no location of that store in the city live. Doesn't look like they ship.

Anyone have any suggestions. I don't mind ordering in bulk up to a point. The difference between the commercially available pellets sold as horse bedding and the ones sold as cat littler is significant enough that it's worth it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't know anything about pine pellets or Tractor Supply - so, why am I even bothering to respond? Because, I thought I saw delivery options that do allow for some items to be delivered to one's home - but, maybe it doesn't apply to your area?

Customer Solutions

Also, I wasn't sure by your post, but are you saying you would prefer pellets sold as horse bedding as opposed to actual pine pellets sold as cat litter? If not, then have you tried Amazon, Chewy.com, Petco?

Sorry, if I wasted your time by replying with what you probably already know. Just hoping since no else has responded yet that I could at least bump up your post closer to the top of the list so that more members might run across it and have some suggestions.

Allosauridae13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why not try an online equine supplier?

https://www.guardianhorsebedding.com/pine_pellets
Pine Pellets Horse Bedding - 40 Lb. Bag
Premium Horse Bedding Pellets

True Value, a hardware store chain, has pine pellets online: Pine Bedding Pellets, 40-Lbs.

Amazon sells pine pellet bedding for horses.

Hello, I've been looking into switching to pine bedding as litter also. Some people in a FB group I'm in warn against bedding that isn't kiln treated. I was looking at guardian b/c it is sold locally where I have to drive an hr for Tractor Supply. I noticed it isn't Kiln treated but is still high temp treated. Is that still safe to use?? My 10 yr old is prone to UTI so I always second guess myself and get overly cautions.

Allosauridae13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can purchase "pine pellets" from Tractor Supply.
But OP can't get to one and its nearly and hour drive for me, why OP was looking for an alt and I was questioning a brand someone had in their recomendations. (Which I did finally confirm it is in fact safe for kitties as the shavings user to make the pelets are kiln dried.)

Part of the problem is that TS doesn't ship their products. I checked to see if I could have it delivered to me or family is close by towns...

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey! I know this one! Kind of. Long story short, I can't find the stuff online either.

Tractor supply carries pine bedding for horses, rabbits "and small animals", and also cats; the bags (rabbit pine) personally lasted me for like; 3 weeks, and the pine was better than feline pine imo. Issue is the shipping costs a LOT, but if that's fine (and if you buy in bulk) it can work.. Here's what I used. Cozy 'n Fresh Small Animal Bedding at Tractor Supply Co.

And there other options.
Search Results for PINE PELLETS at Tractor Supply Co.

This is also good quality, from walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Feline-Fresh-Natural-Pine-Cat-Litter-20-lb/24107893

Hope this helped!