Any persian cat studs in California?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You are a wonderful person for doing what you now know is right
I am so happy to read this post. I wish everyone else in the world would listen and think about it too
I think we made a positive impact on the OP too, she seems to understand that we aren't just crazy anti-breeding cat people
Just have to do it the right way.
I concur!

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I am happy to see that you and OP has decided to take the advice of some of the people on this board. Some of these breeders are SO knowldgeable! So many people come here with the same idea, they love their pet and want to see what the kittens will look like, and we (well not so much me, mostly the really smart ones, LOL! I hope I am as knowldgeable as some of these breeders some day
) give them the real facts to breeding, it's so much more then taking two purebreds and "letting 'em go at it" and so many get offended and do it any way, and wonder what right some of these breeders have to tell them they can't breed their cats, and their going to do it any way. It's not like any one here is telling any one they can't just giving them the true facts to being a respectable breeder, other wise, many of them would be no more then the BYB in local papers (not that it may be their intentions, of coarse) but, when they buy a kitten from a breeder, it may be purebred, but in most cases, it was sold as a pet, and there for, was not meant to be breed. other then doing lots and lots of research, one of the first thing needing to be done is find a breeder willing to mentor them, and sell them breed quality kittens, and go from there. They can help a new breeder with every thing, from getting good quality kittens, tests that need to be done for that particular breed, to helping them screening potential adopters, and doing contracts on kittens (my mentor helped me through all of that, and helped me find a vet in my area willing to preform early alters, so all my kittens are already fixed before they go to a new home) I raise cats, and have no business telling any one they can't but, I spent years researching and getting registered cats, as well as a registered cattery (TICA), and feel they should have some of the basics of breeding, not just the cute kittens that they want to have. Good luck to both of you, and any one else who thought "breeding one litter might be fun" I hope you really do fix the kitties you have, and some day if you decide to breed, you have some of the facts to do things the right way, you are already WAY ahead of the BYB in your area. Thanks for listening, you will make your kitties very happy!
Hi there,
thank you very much for the nice reply you wrote, not to me but to everyone it may concern. I have to say you were right in all you said. It's so nice to hear some educated people like you and all the others here that taught me so much about cats. I've lived with cats all my life, from when I was small, it's 29 years now
but learned so much only here. I fixed the male already a while ago. And he flourished ! And now there's no way he's getting his sister pregnant. About the female, Georgey, she's not spayed yet, and am willing to do so as soon as I get some money. I'm without a job now and struggling to cope with 2 kids on my own. But she will be my next priority soon enough. I live in a flat on the 2nd floor and there's is no way sh'e getting out from 2 doors ! my door and the flat's door next. Besides we're extremly careful never to let the door open, with small kids that's always a must anyway. but will soon spay here as I said. She's adorable and beautiful and afraid of even sticking her nose outside the door. She doesn't even get in the balcony, she's even afraid of car noises. Anyway, it is really nice talking to you, and continue to give advise like these, like I do. Whatever they listen or not. Meoooww

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xerr

Hi there,
thank you very much for the nice reply you wrote, not to me but to everyone it may concern. I have to say you were right in all you said. It's so nice to hear some educated people like you and all the others here that taught me so much about cats. I've lived with cats all my life, from when I was small, it's 29 years now
but learned so much only here. I fixed the male already a while ago. And he flourished ! And now there's no way he's getting his sister pregnant. About the female, Georgey, she's not spayed yet, and am willing to do so as soon as I get some money. I'm without a job now and struggling to cope with 2 kids on my own. But she will be my next priority soon enough. I live in a flat on the 2nd floor and there's is no way sh'e getting out from 2 doors ! my door and the flat's door next. Besides we're extremly careful never to let the door open, with small kids that's always a must anyway. but will soon spay here as I said. She's adorable and beautiful and afraid of even sticking her nose outside the door. She doesn't even get in the balcony, she's even afraid of car noises. Anyway, it is really nice talking to you, and continue to give advise like these, like I do. Whatever they listen or not. Meoooww
Thank-you!

It was a very kind post! I am happy if we (me and the many wonderful people on this site) have even one person that is willing to listen, and take what is said as advise, we do have animals in our best interest, and even if only one persons animals benefit from this, this is great! Like some one else had put it "we are not just crazy anti-breeding cat people" and there is a right way to do every thing.
It is great you have gotten the male fixed! You got to start some where and thats a good place to start, for one they spray and they are cheaper to do then females. But, in case you wasn't aware, a male can still carry fertile sperm for a month after neutering, just thought I would bring it to your attention. You have been so great to talk with, I wish every one was like you! Best of luck to you, keep us posted on how you are, and make sure you post plenty of them beauti-babies of yours, we love seeing pics here!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by persiancatlover

There so many risks I didn't know about breeding. I totally have respect for all breeders. I still wonder what it would be like for Pasha to have kittens though. But it seems like theres too much work and risks for my baby. There are so many cats at the pound its sad. Truth be told though i'll probably go to a breeder since there aren't too many persians at the pound.
There are persian rescues if you don't mind not having a kitten (Pasha might thank you for that as some grown cats find kittens exhausting) who need homes.

Otherwise have you thought about going back to the breeder you got Pasha from? If you have a relative of Pasha it really is like having Pasha's kittens, you could tell your friends to do the same. I would also spay Pasha as its not good for her health to keep her whole.

I am so glad you are open-minded and seem to put your kitty first, you have a refreshing attitude!

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Thank-you!

It was a very kind post! I am happy if we (me and the many wonderful people on this site) have even one person that is willing to listen, and take what is said as advise, we do have animals in our best interest, and even if only one persons animals benefit from this, this is great! Like some one else had put it "we are not just crazy anti-breeding cat people" and there is a right way to do every thing.
It is great you have gotten the male fixed! You got to start some where and thats a good place to start, for one they spray and they are cheaper to do then females. But, in case you wasn't aware, a male can still carry fertile sperm for a month after neutering, just thought I would bring it to your attention. You have been so great to talk with, I wish every one was like you! Best of luck to you, keep us posted on how you are, and make sure you post plenty of them beauti-babies of yours, we love seeing pics here!
here they are . Sorry in advance if they are big pics for this post.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find them really really cute when they snuggle up to each other !

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are lovely! And very cute when they are snuggleing!
If you can, try and post links, they are too big, and a mod (or admin) will probley remove them. I don't know what you use for posting pics (photobucket, imageshack, ect) but you can try re-sizing or instead of posting the image, try the url, I think it is, any way, it will just post a link, and it will open the pics up in a new window. it takes longer for the postd to come up with pics in them, so you can try that. (it usually takes me a couple times to get the right thing, I just preveiw the post and see if it comes up as a link or the pics, and keep trying til I get the right link up. But, I am glad I saw them, they look sweet.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xerr
I think you just need to go back in to edit your post and hit return after this first image. Because you have them lined up next to each other, they're stretching out the screen.

They're beatiful, btw, and I commend you on being brave enough to handle all that fluff!