Any one help determine how much longer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well nothing yet her nipples are getting very full with milk i might have to call the vet monday if she doesnt have them but it would be cool if she had them tomorrow easter sunday!!

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well heres my update she has a clear discharge right now and keeps pacing in and out of her box so I am hoping she is beginning labor but her temp didnt drop at all today or last night still 99 F but wish me luck I cant wait and ill be posting pics of everything i can get pics of 

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeayyy!!! Sounds like baby time!!! 99° is dropped, normal temperature is 100° in cats! I'm very excited for you! :D

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope soo she has calmed down now not pacing any more just sitting here by my feet 
 Still

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
still nothing her temp dropped a little more to about 98.7F but nothing else 

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am kinda getting concerned her tummy is really hard and she is kind of shivering she has went in her box a few times today and laid there for a while each time but nothing she seems like she is in pain and laboring but nothing is happening should i call the vet or give her more time her temp when i last checked was 98.5 F in her arm which is were i been checking all the time so its down from her normal im just worried for her i guess

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You tell it seems like she IS in pain and labor, and nothing happens?  How long now?

Time to phone your vet, I think.

I see the vet though she would deliver last weekend, about the 22?  Do phone.

I hope your usual vet is accesible?

Emergency vets do cost more, and they are often eager on the knife, even if it si not strictly necessary... Undertandable. People want them to do surgery.

Good luck!

Continuing.  The big danger with cesarean, or hormonally caused labor, is if it is too early, the kittens will be premature. And this is at least as dangerous to be over time, they often dont survive to be premature.

But your girl is over time now?  So induced labor, or cesarean, shouldnt be by itself dangerous to the kittens, but may be what is saving them and the mom.  If it is correct her labor is fruitless.

The vet will know what follow up questions to give. So phone, and be prepared to rush in.

Last edited:

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey My vet is always there and i can get him 24-7 but I just am scared that she wont accept the babies if she doesnt give birth to them

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just am scared that she wont accept the babies if she doesnt give birth to them
She is full of motherly hormones, so she will accept almost anything.   :)

No joke, cat moms do get cesarean now and then, and as far as I know, they use to accept them without problems.

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am just pretty worried my husband says to wait tilll morning but i dont know that i can she is going to her room now i need to go watch her 

calico

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued a couple cats a month ago that were hanging around my husbands grandmothers house, they are both female and one is pregnant, I dont know how far along she is but her belly is very hard, you can see the kittens moving around and if you put your hand on her belly or side you can feel the kittens (like when you can feel a babys foot in a human). My question is does anyone know when she will deliver? I am planning to have her spayed after she has her babies. 

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had cats previously who had kittens. Patches and Sheba both got super clingy when in labor, both first time mothers. With Sheba I went downstairs to get my sister as it was like 3am and Sheba followed me with a kitten hanging out and left the first one. So we had to bring her back. Funny at the time running with a cat in labor upstairs. Lucky the kitten was never hurt.

With patches I tried to leave to get my sister from her friends to be there and I got halfway down the driveway to here her yelping for me clinched to the window screen trying to get to me. Needless to say, I had to call my sister.

Patches had two full term kitten and an I seeds eloped kitten she ate. (Nature is sick sometimes)

Sheba had 5 little pitch black kittens just like her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Calico, it is nearing, but we really cant know exactly when.   :)

You are welcomed to start your own tread, so your questions dont drown in others...

Welcome to the Forums!

Good luck!

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok sweety your cat got pregnant about the ssame time minee did and I had gotten herlike probably about 3 days after she got pregnant so yes your babies should have came already if you looked at her and thought she was pregnant around the 30th of january. Mine didn't look pregnant cause she only had one in her tummy so call the vet if she doesn't have them by tomarrow but if you are worried that much call tonight.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rescued a couple cats a month ago that were hanging around my husbands grandmothers house, they are both female and one is pregnant, I dont know how far along she is but her belly is very hard, you can see the kittens moving around and if you put your hand on her belly or side you can feel the kittens (like when you can feel a babys foot in a human). My question is does anyone know when she will deliver? I am planning to have her spayed after she has her babies. 
She is probably in the last couple of weeks, and once she has delivered she can come back into call very soon afterwards which means she can get pregnant again while still nursing.  The one that doesn't look pregnant should be neutered as well.  If these cats are not going to live as pets the vet should crop an ear tip as well so you can tell just by looking they are neutered.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just for an fyi. My vet and others around her tattoo the ear instead of clipping it unless asked to do otherwise. For cats that will continue to live as stray or wild it's better to clip. Tattoos are harder to see even when the animal is in a trap. Just my two cents :)

calico

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is probably in the last couple of weeks, and once she has delivered she can come back into call very soon afterwards which means she can get pregnant again while still nursing.  The one that doesn't look pregnant should be neutered as well.  If these cats are not going to live as pets the vet should crop an ear tip as well so you can tell just by looking they are neutered.
I already have an appt. set up for Pockets ( the one thats not preg) to be spayed. Yes I am going to keep them as pets and they will be inside cats but still fixed.