Any one help determine how much longer?

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow!! She is beautiful! Very excited for your new kittens! I hope she is able to have a safe natural delivery :) can't wait to see your babies!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she has been chasing her butt for about 5 mins trying to lick and trying to clean think it might be tonight she keeps meowing too i will be up all night watching and waiting 
 lets hope this is it

wendy8080

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bet you are so excited!  Hope everything goes off without a hitch!  Looking forward to your next post!

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well sad to say nothing last night or this morning but still waiting 

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to wait, I know!! But so worth it. My Snow went really late she had 4 overdue and two prematures, one premie didn't make it. But she could of lost both for sure if she had gone one day less. And could of lost the overdue bunch if she had gone one day more. So momma does know when to deliver even if it kills us to wait.

Last edited:

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well she is doing some more behind chasing today but nothing much else grooming a little 

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no action today she is laying around being a good kitty thank goodness cause i had to work today would be very sad if she had them while i was gone

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is walking around the house tonight a bit restless like she is uncofortable I hope that it will be soon!!! 

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you taken her temperature? Even under the leg works. She will drop her temp shortly before labor starts. Good luck, fingers crossed and prayers for a safe delivery!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you taken her temperature? Even under the leg works.
tx for the tip!   Measuring in the butt has big drawbacks esp on preg.

How very true, I myself measure myself always under the armpit even with the mouth /butt termometer. But you should have a reference temperature, ie know what you usually have under the armpit/legpit.

It is supposed to be somewhat lower in the arm/legpit then rectum.

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sounds like babies will be here by the weekend :) if you can get a themometer to check her temp, if its 37.8 degrees C then kittens will appear in the next 24-36 hours. I did this with Honey yesterday at half 4 and she had 2 kittens by 6 oclock!! her temp was 37.0 when i checked!! x

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so I took her temp under her arm cause i dont think she would let me hold thermometer in her rectal to get temp and it was 99.2 F is that normal or low i know she is ready to have these babies just a matter of when

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok so I took her temp under her arm cause i dont think she would let me hold thermometer in her rectal to get temp and it was 99.2 F is that normal or low i know she is ready to have these babies just a matter of when
It is sligtly under the normal, but somewhat above that supposed to be at birth.  My guess it is her normal when measured in her armpit.  - As it is by itself is slightly lover then measured in rectum.

But if it falls, then you KNOW for sure.

Good luck!

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When it gets to 98-99 she is ready, u really need to do it in her bum, just the tip needs to go in it dnt bother them too much, get one person to hold her while u do the test. Cats are normally above 100 soshe is going the right way, agen i say this weekend :) x

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When doing it in the armpit, add one degree to that temp. So she is at 100 degrees, that is normal cat temp. So when your temp in the armpit is 98-97 degrees she is ready. Duchess's lowered 26 hourd before but Snowbell was like 8 hours before. Hope that helps. I was taking temps every morning and every night. That way you can worry less when working and sleeping! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whoa! I did now measured my both residents in the armpit. Pretending it was a new play.   :)  Worked like a charm thogh they were a little suspicious.

They had 37,3 celsius respective 37,4 celcius.  This is now my reference temp...   :)

They are normally supposed to be 38-38,5 celsius. So yes, count with a whole celsius grade lower.

The temp of 37,3 which someone mentioned is thus probably a normal temp - but still, we dont know her normal temp when high preg...  So it is still guesswork.

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok so i just took my male cats temp 37.7 on the dot then took my females temp again and its 37.2 so not much change but i think that the arm thing is a pretty close guess here 

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well nothing last night still waiting she has been calmer lately not nesting as much but been in her box here and there