Any One Else Have a Cat Terrified by Thunderstorms

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a real noisy storm last night that went for about 4 hours.
Poor Blue was running from room to room trying to find somewhere to hide, jumping on the bed and lying on me then off again finding a hiding spot.
The whole time he was meowing like an injured kitten.
Dont get a lot of storms here but never had a cat get so distressed. None of my other cats were ever really worried apart from a few ear twitches.
Do your cats get upset by storms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy used to be afraid of storms and I bought him a thunder shirt, it works like a weighted vest and claims them down.

They also come with a money back guarantee so if it doesn't work you can return it.
ThunderShirt for Cats

Best part is it's drug and chemical free.
Thats an interesting concept..he is harness trained so fitting it wont be a worry.
Thinking on it because last night was a mess.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of mine are bothered by storms, but I did get them a Thundershirt because they don't deal well with trips to the vet in the car. It works real well for that. I suppose it would help a lot with thunderstorm anxiety.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately none of our cats have ever been affected by thunderstorms but the opposite was true for our dog. Unfortunately a thunder shirt did not work for him. The cat(s) would react if it was an exceptionally loud clap of thunder by waking up but then they went right back to sleep. :sleep:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No - they are scared of other loud noises but Toffee and Fudge don't react much to thunderstorms at all. Toffee is quite interested in lighting. When there's some outside our window, he'll jump up to the top and watch it.