Any light bulb experts on here? Cant find the right color temperature.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m searching for light bulbs that aren’t too yellow for my bedroom and upstairs family room. I bought some led that are labeled 75 watt Bright White and found the spectrum is still too yellow. I already got the Daylight but theyre too white and blue. I’d like to find the ones that put out the same natural hue as the sun. Please advise TIA!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m searching for light bulbs that aren’t too yellow for my bedroom and upstairs family room. I bought some led that are labeled 75 watt Bright White and found the spectrum is still too yellow. I already got the Daylight but theyre too white and blue. I’d like to find the ones that put out the same natural hue as the sun. Please advise TIA!
Where are you located? In the U.S, the most common colors for bulbs are Soft White, Warm White, Bright White and Daylight. Soft White is the most "yellow" (lowest temperature ~3000K) and Daylight is the most "blue" (highest temperature, ~ 6500K).

I’d like to find the ones that put out the same natural hue as the sun.
Sunlight changes color throughout the day, so you'd need to be more specific. Afternoon summer sun is very blue, while late afternoon sun, but more than an hour before sunset is more yellow, and dusk is more reddish. Your best bet is either warm white or bright white, but if you think bright white is too yellow and daylight is too blue, I'm not sure if there's an in-between bulb temperature, at least not that I know of in the U.S.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend Wyze bulbs if you consider smart bulbs as an option. You can set from yellow to bright white depending upon the time of day or night. Syncs with Alexa (and I think just recently Google Assistant.) Lifespan is supposed to be 35 years but of course no way of knowing til 2055.