Any Jackson Galaxy fans?

Artchic528

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any Cat Mojoholics in the house? I’m a huge fan of his! Watch his show when I can and subscribed to his YouTube channel. He just has an amazing ability to know how a cat thinks in a variety of situations. His expertise has helped me better understand cats and why they do what they do. It’s like he says, putting on a pair of cat tinted glasses to see the world the way a cat sees it! He also seems like a genuinely nice guy all around too! He’s truly the Cat Daddy!

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not since he did an advertisement for a vegan dog food. I lost all faith in his willingness to stick to his principles.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t care for his program which I think is often overly dramatic or he does dumb stuff like put his hand out to a cat that has an issue biting hands. There are some good educational things but very repetitive and his timeframe for improvement of the cats behavior is often unrealistic.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched his show a couple times when it first came out. I wasn't really a cat person back then even though I had cats. I thought some of the "issues" were over dramatized for TV. And the owner's "reactions" were a bit much for the situation most of the time.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not since he did an advertisement for a vegan dog food. I lost all faith in his willingness to stick to his principles.
What is wrong with a dog being on a vegan diet? Bramble, a vegan blue merle collie lived to the age of 27 years. His diet consisting mainly of rice, lentils and vegetables.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dogs are carnivores, although not obligate carnivores, but they can live on a properly supplemented vegetarian or vegan diet. It's not ideal though. So I can forgive him for that. It's not like he supported a vegan cat or ferret food.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Jackson Galaxy. Yes the shows are sometimes overly dramatic with what appears to be unrealistic time lines but that is the medium of TV. I like that he started by working in shelters and he and his wife both are still involved with rescue and working with shelters. He campaigns relentlessly against declawing and supports TNR. I won't buy his cat toys because they are overpriced but that is nothing new. A nationally known name on a product adds to the price, that is true of any product.