Any Insurance that locks in premium or at least has less premium increase over the years?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what you mean about the face value of insurance? But there are no maximums on payouts if that's what you mean. I enrolled my cat when he was 2. He's 6 now. Just a regular black cat. I've attached a screenshot of his policy. Honestly you can just get online quotes if you're looking.

Thank you for this!!! The info you gave me kinda helped!

I tried making a quote with Healthy Paw for hopefully similar details with your cat. And hopefully, I am right that you are in Dallas? I tried checking your reply in one thread. So based on those details, this is what came up. $23 a month with a lower reimbursement rate - that means you enrolling your cat at an early age really gave a lower price compared to new customers.

This info is what I am looking for. I do online quotes, I've done a bunch, but what matters to me in the end is the rate of increase and new customer/existing customer price.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick, before I forget. $50 per month, currently.
250 yearly deductible. No limit annual benefits.
90% reimbursement.
Policy began 11/18. When G was adopted at age 3-4. He had a claim last year, so premiums increased this year— that is the way it goes with insurance—all of them

If G goes an entire year without a claim, there is 10% off the premiums for the next year.

I think I began with $38 monthly. It does increase every year, and with claims. I think they all do. As long as I can afford the premiums, it is worth it for me. At this point in my life, I cannot afford to pay thousands of dollars for treatments, without reimbursement of some kind— Arties issues taught me that.

I think my vet has Healthy Paws. After my experiences with Artie, I wanted a plan unlimited yearly benefits. You can customize what everyou would like.

I think ASPCA is a good plan. It was between Petplan, Healthy Paws and ASPCA for me.

G’s pre existing condition is dental— but there really are not any plans which cover that.

He had GI issues, but, I was fortunate. I had his records from the rescue which claimed him healthy except for dental.

Fingers crossed for now.

I would advise, to get the policy with you fist vet exam. That is the best way to do things.

Thank you for the reply once again!!!

I tried replicating G's profile. Hopefully he is an egyptian mau? 6yrs old? And Boston zip 02108. This is what came up! $179.28. Then that means you are paying a really low premium compared to new customers?

Hopefully you can confirm! This is really valuable info for me! :-) Thanks a lot!!!

1610306717778.png

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I have Healthy Paws for my three cats. I'm currently paying $45/month, but that's going to go up nearly $11/month after January 12. Meh.

Emerson is 4.
80% reimbursement, $250 deductible.
$20/month (unsure why his is so much higher than Evie's)

Evie is 4.
80% reimbursement, $250 deductible.
$16/month

Dexter is 2.
90% reimbursement, $250 deductible.
$21/month

This is the disclaimer on my policy page: "If you have not previously filed a claim for your pet, you may lower your pet's deductible and/or raise your pet's reimbursement level." I'm assuming that that means, once you make a claim, you are locked into that amount for the rest of the time you have the policy, which can get tricky. I'm considering doing the highest deductible/lowest reimbursement just in case we have an "Oh s*it" emergency somewhere down the line and have to make tough decisions. I can't justify spending upwards of $100/month on pet insurance alone, which is where it seems this amount is going....
Thank you for your response. Really appreciate it!

May I just know the breed of Emerson, Evie and Dexter? And then your zip code? Thanks so much! I would like to compare the current price againts your price knowing that you have been with Healthy Paws for how many yrs again?

Thanks a lot!!!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response. Really appreciate it!

May I just know the breed of Emerson, Evie and Dexter? And then your zip code? Thanks so much! I would like to compare the current price againts your price knowing that you have been with Healthy Paws for how many yrs again?

Thanks a lot!!!
They are all short haired, domestic cats. All are fixed. No specific breed. I don't want to give you my exact zip code(I'm paranoid), but look up zip codes for the Macon, GA area.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the reply once again!!!

I tried replicating G's profile. Hopefully he is an egyptian mau? 6yrs old? And Boston zip 02108. This is what came up! $179.28. Then that means you are paying a really low premium compared to new customers?

Hopefully you can confirm! This is really valuable info for me! :-) Thanks a lot!!!

View attachment 365871
I think they are going by his age at 4-5. He is a domestic short hair. Maybe that has something to do with the quote.

for zip code I use 02151

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I think they are going by his age at 4-5. He is a domestic short hair. Maybe that has something to do with the quote.

for zip code I use 02151
I used your zip code, domestic short hair - 4yrs old is at $54.11, 5yrs old at $66.83

That means by you being an existing customer, your premium is a lil bit lower! That means it's good! I might go for them, Healthy Paws. I still need some info on an insurance that I really like - Geico and Trusted Pals.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! <3

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all short haired, domestic cats. All are fixed. No specific breed. I don't want to give you my exact zip code(I'm paranoid), but look up zip codes for the Macon, GA area.
Thank you! Zip code would help but I used 2 zips 31201 and 31213.

I did 2 quotes, all male, 4yr and 2yr.
31201 - 4yr - 16.16 -- this is weird because you are paying 20, you pay higher than new customers?
31213 4yr - 17 - this is still lower than your rate...

And then for 2yr old
31201 - 17.85
31213 - 19.84

still kinda is lower.

need to gather more info from other Healthy Paw customers.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!! <3

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Try 31005
Thank you!!!

For 2yr old - yours is lower which is good!!!
4yr old - only a little bit difference.
4 yr old - only a little bit difference for girl

This info really helps a lot!!! Thanks a lot!! Really appreciate it!!! <3

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
The company is literally called "BoughtByMany"
I see! Thank you! I checked, it is really only for UK! I did not see where it locks in premium though. But I saw they have 20% money back if you don't claim. Thank you so much for the info!!! :-)