Any ideas?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have thoughts on what this may be?
I discovered it Monday, took pictures yesterday.. no change today.

4D5B795A-1E10-4D56-AC82-21E19559A13E.jpeg
0495BED7-0347-4036-A60B-0A30AE927AFF.jpeg
D75A2C45-D509-400E-9FE5-503A4F1DD6A4.jpeg

It is located just to left of midline, under his upper lip. Kind of next to the midline cleft.

You have to hold up his lip, to see it.

I cannot get any better resolution with the pictures. I was taking them one handed.

Kind of looks like a blood blister to me? Or an early rodent ulcer???
Or could it be a weird place for a freckle? He has them on his nose, mouth. Artie had a couple on his gums. So I am very perplexed.

Geoffrey is always face rubbing— anything and anywhere.
I have a reg vet appointment on 5/27. I called already.

With all the shortages and the change in food brands, I am not sure what it could be.

Thanks 🙏

I need a cat anatomy book!!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh! Oh! This is going to sound crazy but I just watched a TikTok not too long ago about orange cats getting black spots. Here is an article about it too, What Are Those Black Spots on My Cat's Face?

Basically, orange cats can get black freckles on their nose and gums. Still have the vet check but usually harmless. I'd go with just a weird spot for one.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My, what nice clean teeth he has! Did you try sending your Vet that last picture to see if they think they need to see him sooner? I would try that. Hoping it's nothing serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, I did not send the pictures to the regular vet. I did send it to the Internal Med Vet.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! Oh! This is going to sound crazy but I just watched a TikTok not too long ago about orange cats getting black spots. Here is an article about it too, What Are Those Black Spots on My Cat's Face?

Basically, orange cats can get black freckles on their nose and gums. Still have the vet check but usually harmless. I'd go with just a weird spot for one.
I'm not sure it's limited to Goldens. Indy has a freckle on her nose and she is blue.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So, I guess no one has any ideas as to what this could be? or are you thinking the same way I am?? Just curious... trying not to panic....

mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens Yes, Geoffrey had a dental in 2019... I can say, that for him, the dry food is helping to keep his teeth clean.. considering he has FORLS....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no expert on cat health, but I'd guess blood blister if forced to make a guess.
Thanks. I just realized he has lost some weight. Not certain if it is the new food related, or his anxiety. He is very nervous. Too much noise for him— beach traffic, demon dog next door, etc. very jumpy. Sigh. It never ends.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering that you mention him always face rubbing, a blood blister is a very good guess! Nervous kitties can face bump with emphasis. I’m thinking that too.
Not only do you have excellent vision and are very observant, you got amazing photos of that! Nervous kitty? Very cooperative kitty! Good job hooman!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Considering that you mention him always face rubbing, a blood blister is a very good guess! Nervous kitties can face bump with emphasis. I’m thinking that too.
Not only do you have excellent vision and are very observant, you got amazing photos of that! Nervous kitty? Very cooperative kitty! Good job hooman!
Thanks... I need to get a bit more input..

Antonio65 Antonio65 thank you...

I just happened to see it, when I was giving him the daily laxatone. I was rubbing it off his mouth.
I do not know how long he has had it... He is always ribbing his face, and biting anything and everything..

Yes, Geoffrey can be very cooperative, when he wants to be...
Now, he is running away from me.. thinking I am going to do 'bad' things to him...
Once I get him trapped behind me on the recliner.. he cannot go anywhere..

He is not eating as much as he used to.. Not user if it is because he is swallowing more of his shedded fur, or he is sick.. ..

Thanks again.. I am not going to attempt to look at it, or ry to take more pictures, until well into the weekend.. I do nto want to stress out either one of us...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It could well be a blood blister or even a little cyst. Has it changed at all in the last 24 hours?
Thanks Verna... No, I have not looked at the area. I plan to re-evaluate it on Sunday.. with more pictures.. Looking at it daily, makes Geoffrey and myself much more anxious....

It seems as if on the opposite side; it would be the same, except for the coloring.. and perhaps a tiny bit smaller.... so, I do not know....

It is under his upper lip... not easy to see...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Does this look any different to you? I took more pictures today...I cannot tell...
536A7245-F06A-48C2-90CE-042B3A590DD6.jpeg
EB2DBDF0-3432-4F92-9AEA-F7EB35332A67.jpeg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it looks the same. I'm also impressed at your handling of his mouth and getting that photo!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, it is not bothering him.

Thanks for the compliment. Sometimes Geoffrey is very cooperative. Touching his mouth is ok. I had just given him some laxatone.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn’t look any different to me either. Does he still have the appointment set for the 27th? I’m sure the vet can put your mind at ease then.