Any Ideas When My Cat Will Give Birth?

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EC1EC043-A66E-41A2-AE42-ED09E718AF72.jpeg
Hi guys! I have a ragdoll queen (she has all of her papers and is purebred) that is pregnant. I am not exactly sure when she got pregnant. I got her from a breeder in July and I assume that she was accidentally bred before I got her; because I didn’t breed her and she isn’t allowed around other males or outside. The previous breeder I got her from bred only ragdolls and didn’t let her cats out either. She is a good breeder so I’m sure that is was an accident. So anyways, I think she is 8-9 weeks pregnant now but I was wondering if any of you had ideas how long until she gives birth? She has a huge belly and I can see and feel the babies moving a lot. I could feel them moving from about a week ago. Also she has really big nipples and she feels like she has milk. Thank you guys so much!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
About a week left! If you are used to palpitate perhsps eve two weeks left.

Look out with the dropping its a pretty good sign to rectyfy the count.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Ok, Thank you! I didn’t palpate because I didn’t want to hurt the mom or kittens. I could see them kicking though..

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

What does the dropping look like? I can get more pictures from different angles if that would help? Thank you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ol so one week left.., if she wants belly rubs do so.

Dropping you are best to notice. She looks suddenly less. After it its 2-3 days not more.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ol so one week left.., if she wants belly rubs do so.

Dropping you are best to notice. She looks suddenly less. After it its 2-3 days not more.
Ok like her belly just drops I guess. She doesn’t like belly rubs:/ Thank you so much! I can’t wait for the kittens!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is 8 or 9 weeks pregnant as you reckon it means she is 56 to 63 days pregnant. Delivery usually takes place between 65 and 73 days of the pregnancy period. Please keep in touch. Best wishes to you and your kitten.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she is 8 or 9 weeks pregnant as you reckon it means she is 56 to 63 days pregnant. Delivery usually takes place between 65 and 73 days of the pregnancy period. Please keep in touch. Best wishes to you and your kitten.
Yes, I am expecting her to give birth very soon. Maybe within the week. I am super excited and I will be sure to keep you guys informed! Thank you :)

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SHE HAD KITTENS!!!!!! I can’t breathe I’m so excited! I’m not sure if she’s finished but she’s had six already. They are so adorable and all very active and healthy! :) :) <3 <3

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
B70EF811-9A45-48A5-9A47-0C88C9A23F3E.jpeg
E5893AD7-C5FA-4682-80B1-B79419A8ECC1.jpeg
2EC0AEAE-61B9-463E-B953-E979687B8790.jpeg
B680DF5B-37A5-4425-8349-3214500DDA4F.jpeg
Some of the kittens appear to be darker than others. I’m wondering if they are minks. For example in the last pic, you can see that the kitten laying down up close is lighter than the others that are nursing. This is my first litter so I am not sure... what do you guys think? Thank you!

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also the first and second photos I had to brighten and whiten because the lighting was terrible. So some are darker than they appear in the pictures. They are all very healthy and active and all so adorable!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of the kittens appear to be darker than others. I’m wondering if they are minks.
They do look like they could be minks. Is mom is a mink? Could the father of the litter have been a mink? (If both mom and dad are minks, they could even be sepia kittens.)

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom is a traditional seal bicolor and dad is a seal mitted mink.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, since they all look similar, is there a easy safe way that I can tell them apart? I’ve heard of putting a band around their neck, but is that safe for kittens so young? Thank you!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom is a traditional seal bicolor and dad is a seal mitted mink.
In that case you would expect about half the kittens to be minks, on average.

As far as telling the kittens apart, I have never used anything to mark kittens, I always just look closely at my kittens to identify them. Mine are always the same color (blue), but there are always small differences between kittens, such as differences in head shape, tail length, coat texture, etc. So, when I keep a weight log, I might identify kittens as "short nose girl," "boy with long tail," "soft coat boy," etc. Other people can probably give you ideas of how to safely mark them, though!

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol ok thanks! Do you weigh your kittens daily?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Make sure to keep them warm so if you have an ac make sure its not blowing air in their direction
Kittens get colds very easily and they could end up with pinkeye (like mine currently has from sneezing on herself) or a respiratory infection. I had to buy a heating blanket for them haha ($15 at walmart)
Also if you dont have a scale you can just eyeball them make sure that their bellys are round and they are sleeping alot if they are crying to much they are probably hungry and you might have to watch to see if they are latching onto moms nipple
Congratulations on your kittens they are adorable give momma kitty a pet from me :D

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you! I have a scale in ounces that I can use. They all look healthy and very round bellies :) mommy cat is great too! Is it easier to tell the male and female kittens apart at a younger age when they aren’t that fluffy or when they are older? Also do you have any tips as to how I can tell them apart? Lutce gave some helpful tips but as many as I can get the better. Thanks! I am so excited for my first litter!