Any Ideas...sending To Vet

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The bald spot above the right eye? If the cat is not scratching or bothering the bald spot, it may just be an irriation from something that caused the fur to fall out. One of my cats occasionally has bald spots on his head. He's gotten them as an allergic reaction to something: seafood flavored toothpaste, a sample brand of raw food he never had before, Revolution, etc.

You can ask the vet for advice as well. Sometimes a skin condition or parasite will cause baldness.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you do find out that this is ringworm, let us know. We have information on treating it, and on disinfecting your home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THAnk you, it is def. RW. I will take any/all suggestions. I have applied limebath to raw skin and antifungal cream. I haven’t cleaned much, because the home is already infested.. I finally go to them outback of the master bathroom so they cannot hide under cabinet, but now they are in my room a and bed. JUst hoping I don’t get it on my face or head.. guess it will bro another month before I can get a roomate! I certainly hope it’s is not it th not the noghtmare that othrs on here say. Feeling very annoyed.

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just quarantined them into the small bathroom with shower with their food, water and litter box. I have the maintainence man coming this week to seal up the bottom of the cabinet. I vacuumed and mopped and wiped down the bathroom and bedding is in the wash. My vacuum is basically a Dustbuster with a handle, so don’t know if it is effective against ringworm. Praying praying praying this iDVD a mild case!!!! I have severe sensitivities to chemical cleaners, so I used tea tree oil to clean house and myself. Any other tips? Thank goodness I am a minimalist!!! I have never had this before with pets, but ironically had ringworm myself this summer. After living in southern Utah with no humidity and barely any bacteria and germs, Florida is just gross, running ramped with all sorts of diseases. I was only here a week when I got an ear infection after not being sick for 3 years. I apologize for the rant, this is definitely testing my anxiety levels!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The odds of that are pretty much ZERO. I just moved into my apartment a couple of weeks ago and when I had it I was on the road several months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, fortunately I stumbled upon this info. Before I used it anywhere other than in my own shampoo. My post re: cleaning with tea tree oil was a bit premature. Thank goodness, I never would have thought!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, do we know for sure if this is ringworm or not? MAN, it seems like I'm running into threads about ringworm a LOT here lately!

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely is. I treated it with applying a lime bath with a cotton ball to effected areas and then antifungal cream. I have a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon, as long as I am able to get them into the carrier. I’d say my chances are about 50/50. I have a feeling I will only get one.

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ended up going to the vet, which was very expensive, and one of the visit fees was actually removed. But the silver lining is that she gave me drops of Miconazole to apply to them on Tuesday and it has improved immensely in three short days. I a man going to have to leave them for 5 days for the holidays but I have a great inexpensive cat sitter, who is s vet tech to care for them while I am away! I would recommend, although I have done zero research about Miconazole, it helps ringworm quickly!

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH, and they are both using the litter now, all I did was move it to where they were going, also out of the room where i closed up their hiding spot. They just didn’t want to use the litter box in the room where they had been hiding a lot. They are thriving!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And isn't that a lovely Christmas present for me! I'm always grateful when our cats do well!