kmj.03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! I would describe your girl as a dilute torbie lynx point and white domestic longhair. This is a complicated color:
- she is pointed
- she appears to be dilute (blue) in color
- she has tabby markings, in her case best seen on her head, but also visible on her back and sides
- she is also a tortoiseshell, in her case most easily seen on her back
- and she has lots of white markings.

I'm not seeing a close resemblance to any specific breed. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... she's a gorgeous girl with her own special look :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's beautiful! I would describe your girl as a dilute torbie lynx point and white domestic longhair. This is a complicated color:
- she is pointed
- she has tabby markings, in her case best seen on her head, but also visible on her back and sides
Nice catch! Her being a point isnt apparent, because she has barely bluish eyes. And the typical face masque is covered up by this white splotch... I saw it was something odd about her, but not even I was sure on her "pointness". Having the idea confirmed, makes it easier for me to see. :)

Her being a torbie is easier sort of. I have noticed, cats who are difficult to describe, are often torbies. Or if you want, being difficult to describe is a give away. Not any sure rule, but a nice hint to where to look.... :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re IF she is a somewhat a look alike to some established breed, I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom the Turkish Angora is perhaps closest... Turkish angora are renown for being white, and its sort of a self definition of a long haired white cat whom isnt apparently a Persian.
But "O tempora, o mores" = "the morale is much worse nowadays" :) and so Turkish angora are nowadays allowed in other colors too....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmj.03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
- she is pointed

I'm not seeing a close resemblance to any specific breed. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... she's a gorgeous girl with her own special look :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your thorough opinion! I really appreciate it... yes, she certainly is beautiful and we love all of our babies, regardless of their breed 🥰 thanks again for your help! 😊😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmj.03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to give me your thoughts... I really appreciate it!
My husband and I have never seen a cat with those tufts of long hair behind the ears. I’ve definitely seen this type of fur growth from inside the ears though.
We had a beautiful British Blue, Mishka, who we rescued at age 9 and we sadly lost her at age 21, a year ago. We were so lost without her we went to get another mature rescue cat and ended up with 3 beautiful girls! They fill our days with love and fun and we adore them. We are blessed to have our new best friends!
A9542CDB-603E-4D87-8DC4-3D9DA7C29B07.jpeg

Attachments