Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

Alldara

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FortiFlora….I’ve been reading, this is also used for cats that have diarrhea but my cat doesn’t have diarrhea and I don’t want to get her to be constipated if I use this appetite stimulant.
I only give her the baby food when she gets really bad at not eating. I know it’s not complete nourishment for her so I don’t feed it to her every day
My cats have not had constipation from Flotiflora. It actually helped our old man cat with this problem.

You can also try feeding kitten food..it has more calories and things like added probiotics.

Our vet had us keep Magnus on Mother and Babycat by Royal Canin food rather than the kitten blend to keep up with that stuff while we were diagnosing his heart condition.

Novus888

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already tried bacon, both crispy and rubbery...both only got a sniff before rejection. Other things; Chicken liver fried, beef liver fried and raw, ground veal fried and raw, chicken thigh (boiled, soup and fried), hamburger raw and fried, pork chop fried, ground lamb raw and fried, turkey thigh baked, and both whole duck and goose baked. Cannot find rabbit or mutton around here, so I think that about covers it.

This coming week I will make it down to PetClub superstore, and instead of dropping $60 on two cartons of Fussy Cat Salmon and Tuna, I'll try buying individual cans of whatever they sell like that. It will be a big waste of money if Buddy flips the paw to it all, but I could get lucky.
Addendum:

It was a bust. Of the fourteen cans of cat food I bought, only Tiki Cat Tahitian Grill Sardine Cutlets made it past the sniff test, and was then only sorta eaten reluctantly. On the positive side, the neighborhood stray was in hog heaven, and looks to of put on weight. Morris has been reincarnated, and I'm stuck with him!

NoChicken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our kitty refused to eat after being sick. We tried several trucks and all failed. We knew we had to get something in him, so we dabbed some honey onto his nose. He licked it furiously then went right over and ate his meal.

TexasCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One thing i don't like about weruva is that many of thier cans say chicken but include fish which one of my cats does not like
Also, I wrote to Weruva a month ago asking if they BPA in their can lining. They could not say there isn’t any because the company that they use for packaging won’t certify that there is no BPA. In other words, while Weruva is good food, if you’re trying to avoid BPA, I’d suggest Tiki Cat instead. It’s human grade, real food, as well.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have trouble feeding Maggie because peaches stalks her and will steal her food so Maggie keeps going in a different location. I finally figured out that all I need to do is hide Maggie. She eats behind a 38inch long 12 inch high cat lounger/bed and cubes around her.i feed peaches first in my bathroom. She will follow the food anywhere. Maggie always chases after her and jumps over her. Peaches is small Maggie tall