Any Experience With Dr Elsey's Cleanprotein Kibble Line?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Recipe - Dr. Elsey's

You can only buy it on their website and trying to use their website runs me in circles something.
We have the boys on raw and the girls are on Nature's Variety Instinct chicken kibble. I would love to get something that it more species appropriate without fruits, veggies, starches. This one says the carbs are around something like 1 % of the bag and the protein is extremely high. They've got tons of good things to say all around the website, but if you have a good enough marketing team you can see ice to an eskimo. It's $45 for a 6.x lb bag. I spend $40 right now on 12.1 lbs.
Learn More - Dr. Elsey's

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds very similar to Wysongs Epigen 90 (although the Wysong is less expensive.) I bought some to use for emergencies since I didn't want neighbors to try to feed raw to my furkids, but they wouldnt eat it. Probably because they didn't know what kibble was :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote their customer service to see if they would barter to be on my blog. I've worked with Critterzone and Hills Pet before, but it's been a few years. A friend of mine in Phoenix works with different companies and I think Honest Kitchen still feeds her dogs for all her advertising. My cats wouldn't touch Honest Kitchen food but they love their bone broth and treats.

The Wysong is not fairing well on Amazon reviews but does look similar as far as meat stuff and omitting fruits and veggies.

I really wish Amalie recognized canned and raw as food but she doesn't. I know the boys would go back on kibble if I had to have someone watching them because they eat everything. It's amazing.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've agreed to send me some. I have no idea how many days supply between my two girls but we're going to get our hands on it and check this stuff out.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sent me a 2 lb bag. I've got to portion the first few days out with a mix of old food so they don't get upset tummy, take a bunch of pictures, portion out the appropriate amount of food for two cats per day and see how long the bag lasts with these two girls, after I take their weights.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I started out doing 1/4 cup DECP to their other food for day 1
Will move to 1/2 cup DECP to their food on day 2
3/4 cup DECP to their food for day 3
And 1 full cup Dr Elsey's Cleanprotein for day 4

Princess Yue Pants currently weighs 10 lbs 3.6oz
Amalie weighs 9 lbs 8 oz
feeding chart allows up to 1/2 cup per kitty per day

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Checking out the ingredients.

I find processed foods sort of interesting. Would love to get a tour of a plant.

It is sort of amazing that technology can turn nothing but pig skin and bone into a 95% protein isolate that works in foods for nutrition. White powder, odorless, soluble in water. Fascinating.

Pork Protein Isolate:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this is amazing. My boys can't be trusted to regulate themselves but apparently the girls do well. The calories per cup on this food are I believe somewhere between 150-200 more than the old food I had them on, and they haven't really put on any weight in the week and a half I've been feeding them this extremely high protein Dr Elsey's.
Princess Yue Pants is 11 lb 2.8 oz
Amalie is 9 lbs 9 oz
I'm going to put together the blog post hopefully for the morning. I need to cut up the bag and do scans and weight out how much product I have left in the bag since I was sent the 2 lb.
Just need to clean up and organize the info, links, photos.