Any Collar Reccomendations?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! This is sort of random, but does anybody have good breakaway collar recommendations?
We have yet to find a good breakaway collar. We bought one, but it proved too be to "weak" and cheap, because within the next couple of hours he had easily taken it off. Our previous cat used to wear a (breakaway) collar of that same brand, but she lost hers too many times to count, and we don't want to have to keep buying new collars for our new cats :lol:
That being said, we don't want a normal, non-breakaway collar, because we want him to be able to get out of his collar if the need arises.
Does anybody know of any good breakaway collars that aren't too flimsy, but will also break if necessary?
Thank you!

biscuitbrunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just bought a Beastie Band for my cat! It's stretchy lyrca material that velcros onto itself, so they're not "breakaway" but they do stretch so cats can slip out if need be. There is a hole to attach normal dangly tags, but I opted to get a flat tag that slides onto the collar.

I think the collar itself is 7-8 dollars, so pretty inexpensive!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought a Beastie Band for my cat! It's stretchy lyrca material that velcros onto itself, so they're not "breakaway" but they do stretch so cats can slip out if need be. There is a hole to attach normal dangly tags, but I opted to get a flat tag that slides onto the collar.

I think the collar itself is 7-8 dollars, so pretty inexpensive!
Thank you so much! I'll look into it!!

phillyman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all,

This is fortuitous! I wrote yesterday a post on a different forum asking the same question... I’ll also try Beastie band. Our cat has lost three collars so I’ll try and see how this one fares!
Philly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi all,

This is fortuitous! I wrote yesterday a post on a different forum asking the same question... I’ll also try Beastie band. Our cat has lost three collars so I’ll try and see how this one fares!
Philly
Providence! :lol:
Good luck!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you are all using breakaway collars! Bravo! Those are more important than I can possibly express if a kitty needs to wear a collar. :clap2: