anxious

mashathekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry for the rant i just need to let it out but everybody in my house is calling me crazy because i care too much for my cat.. i watch her do everything i cant let her alone i dont know what to do because my anxiety is sm worse now because i fear she might get hurt because of falling down the stairs or something else.. or shes sick or gets sick.. should i just let her walk around by herself without worrying i dont know what to do please help

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming your cat isn’t a tiny kitten and you have no serious cat hazards in your home, like poisonous plants, she is very capable of being independent and not needing close supervision. It’s good for her and you to allow her to do her cat things while you relax elsewhere for at least some of the time. I would suggest that you try weaning yourself from her by spending short periods and then longer ones away from her. it will of course make you anxious but that will start to wear off if you stick to it. You may also want to consult your doctor about anti anxiety meds that may help you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mashathekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she is a kitten that probably why and i dont habe poisonous plants in my house and all chemicals are away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mashathekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes 9 weeks. Maybe im just being a bad cat owner thats why im nervous because im only 14

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Shes 9 weeks. Maybe im just being a bad cat owner thats why im nervous because im only 14
No, you do have a very young kitten and it’s good that you are watchful. They don’t usually hurt themselves at that age, no matter how hard they play but they can get stuck in places or tip things on themselves. I wouldn’t be anxious, just aware of where she is. Make sure she has a nice quiet place to sleep, lots of toys to keep her busy and that her food, water and litter box are nearby. Otherwise play and love are all she needs to be happy.

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unlike humans, cats are very resilient at that age, so as long as you take the normal precautions, she will be fine. She most likely won't fall down the steps but even if she does, she won't get hurt. You could watch some instagram or tik tok kitten videos to see what's normal for kittens. They are tough little creatures with instinct to help guide them and keep them safe.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's normal to feel a little anxious when a new kitten arrives, I know I was and I'm a lot older than 14. But like others have said kitten's are tough and they do love exploring. Just make sure there is nothing the little one can get into or chew on and I'm sure your anxiety will pass. What I did was have the kitten litter box food and water in one room at first that way I could watch from a far while he explored. That way they don't feel overwhelmed having a big person following them around. Your parents kept you safe trust them to cat proof just like they baby proofed for you all those year's ago.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your kitten will be fine. I raised a 4 week old abandoned kitten at 14, and she grew stron, healthy and confident even though I knew nothing about taking care of such a young kitten. As long as your little one can't get herself stuck anywhere and toxins are locked away, she'll be good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise