anxiety/ not food?

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
7 year old male cat. Itching, tail movements when cleaning like in his own world, very vocal, scabs around neck, now attacking other cat. Excessive licking. pLus he needs to be around me all the time. Grabs my arm and gets mad when I move it on couch...Or has to sit on my lap constantly in mornings.. Seems worse in mornings...I Play with him do everything possible

Have tried almost everything... Prescription food, Prozac.. Guess bring him to vet and do blood and X-rays or just live with it... I give him the best of foods, but now barely eats.. Vet is a bit perplexed. Have not tried CBD... He goes ballistic in a cat carrier and he is strictly an indoor cat, so trying to do my own research, unless there is an underlying issue...Ears always have brown in them...its not mites. Could that be a prelude to issues... Once he calms down he sleeps all day... It would be nice if there was a natural chewable treat that he can eat and relax him....Anyone have similar issues out there...??

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check Amazon, they have natural calming aids that work very well, I have used them. It sounds like he is just overly stressed all the time. Could there be another new act in the neighborhood that he sees out the window or anything new in his life? New neighbors, roommates, etc.? Is the other cat taunting or bothering him? Ithink if you work on finding what is stressing him, it will work out. some cats take a LONG time to adjust to change.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think starting with a vet visit and full scale blood work, urinalysis, and what ever else you and the vet agree should be done, is a good idea. It seems to me that he is sick, and apparently getting sicker. Sometimes a cat will attack other cats - and, I suppose humans as well - when they are ill. He could be experiencing pain too.

Ask the vet about a dose of Gabapentin to give him before the vet visit. A lot of members have used this med to help calm down their cats before a vet check up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes blood work needs to be done..... its just him and his sister. and me.. no neighbors very quiet. inside cat.. have had cats my whole life( in my 60's) never had this,,, its worse in mornings as I guess his cortisol levels are very high... then he sleeps all day and thru the night. then in morning he needs to be with me all the time and constantly purrs ( which is not a bad thing?! I know cats hide things very well even when purring.. Waiting on vet to call me back. TY