Anxiety issues anyone with tips?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone with tips on how to handle anxiety? I hate it when i get an anxiety attack :/

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's tough. It kind of started for me about 8 years ago but not often, and the past few years have been worse, but I'm trying hard to be able to get though those panic attacks where I feel like 'What if I die?' I've got meds, but only take them when I really need to because I don't want to become dependent or addicted, and just knowing I have the pills with me sometimes is enough to make me not need them. I've also started being open about it with friends and even some coworkers. I feel like if they know I might have to run outside, then I won't feel so weird if I do have to run outside, and that itself calms me down.

Ok I feel like I'm sounding mad. But it's a difficult thing to deal with, and each person has their own triggers. I feel like I have to know the way out of wherever I am. Not claustrophobia, I forget what the mane for it is, but like a fear of being stuck someplace, even if it's in a huge place. I need to know I have an out.

I don't want to always have to rely on meds, so looking for the solution right away in any anxious situation has started to help. I always look for all the doors (and bathrooms, I have IBS which is a big part of the anxiety). When I see where I can go if I have to go, I'm usually good. I don't know what triggers your anxiety so I don't know if this helps at all or if I'm just blabbering about myself to the Internet, let me know.

And of course a counsellor or therapist would have better and more informed things to tell you. I hope you do well! Talking about it can help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand completely what you saying

right know i'm having anxiety because I don't feel good stomach issues 3 years ago a hospital told me I have IBS but I don't know if that diagnosis is correct but I do know is I don't go like a ''normal' person should

I currently don't have any meds for anxiety

when you get your anxiety do you feel like your chest feels weird?

and you can talk about yourself to me it may sound weird but knowing that i'm not alone actually makes me feel a little better maybe we can stay in contact to help each other out?

I been going in and out of anxiety all day I don't know when it gonna come or go.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, unfortunately I know all too well about bathroom issues. Feel free to send me a private message anytime. I think it really does help to talk about it. Meds just take care of the symptom, not the cause. And yes, that tightness, like I said before, you feel like maybe yer dying, but then hey, it passed, and you didn't die. It helps me to focus on that too. Are you able to see a doctor/therapist who could help? I can only tell you how I've felt and what helps me at times, I'm no medical professional. And there are times where I simply can't deal with it, it's overwhelming, and then frustrating. But it's real. So yeah, PM me if you feel like it. I haven't been on the site all that often the past few years, but we just got a new cat today, and... I need cat support so I'll be around. :)