Antiodor Snacks For Cats

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just remarked that the treats I bought for my cat Sombra are treated to reduce fecal odor. Can anyone confirm that this is a comon treatment safe for cats consumption? Many thanks .

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just remarked that the treats I bought for my cat Sombra are treated to reduce fecal odor. Can anyone confirm that this is a comon treatment safe for cats consumption? Many thanks .
Sounds pretty strange to me. What are the ingredients? Cat poo will naturally have less odor if they are fed a species-appropriate diet high in animal protein, low in carbs, and high in moisture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds pretty strange to me. What are the ingredients? Cat poo will naturally have less odor if they are fed a species-appropriate diet high in animal protein, low in carbs, and high in moisture.
Basic composition:Deboned chicken, brewers rice, ground yellow corn, soybean meal, poultry fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and rosemary oil), poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, hydrolyzed deboned chicken, ground flaxseed, corn starch, salt, dicalcium phosphate, brewers dry yeast, yucca schidigera extract, taurine, color added (red#40), vitamin mineral premix.
And there is a long list of enrichment (vitamins, folic acid and minerals), etc etc

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Basic composition:Deboned chicken, brewers rice, ground yellow corn, soybean meal, poultry fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and rosemary oil), poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, hydrolyzed deboned chicken, ground flaxseed, corn starch, salt, dicalcium phosphate, brewers dry yeast, yucca schidigera extract, taurine, color added (red#40), vitamin mineral premix.
And there is a long list of enrichment (vitamins, folic acid and minerals), etc etc
Just from reading the ingredients I’m not really sure how this treat could reduce poop odor. It’s filled with foods that cats can’t process properly. Honestly sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. Kind of like dental treats.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Azazel said: "It’s filled with foods that cats can’t process properly." :frown::(
I don't have a problem with litter odor, the problem would be giving Sombra an unsafe product.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Azazel said: "It’s filled with foods that cats can’t process properly." :frown::(
I don't have a problem with litter odor, the problem would be giving Sombra an unsafe product.
I wouldn’t say the product is necessarily unsafe based on the ingredient list. But I would say that ingredients such as rice, corn, and soybean meal are not appropriate for a cat’s diet and shouldn’t be fed regularly. They could lead to long term heath issues if fed regularly.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wonder how it’s supposed to reduce poop smells when it’s filled with stuff that makes cat poop smell

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Yanaka. In other words you agree with Azazel that it sounds like a gimmick so far as the reduction of the poop odor is concerned. Still more important is the presence of ingredients which would be harmful for the cat.
I'm glad I have asked.