Antibiotics

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Autumn has been on an antibiotic since the day after she had her teeth cleaned on the seventh. In the past few days her stools have been whitish/grey and today she started vomiting. The vet said for me to stop the medication. Has anyone else experienced this?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry no one responded to your query.  I have not had the EXACT experience, but a couple of my cats had to be taken off their antibiotics after dentals because of side effects of the drugs. Last time it was because of diarrhea.  Time before that (different cat) it as lethargy and loss of appetite. 

Is your little one getting better now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry no one responded to your query.  I have not had the EXACT experience, but a couple of my cats had to be taken off their antibiotics after dentals because of side effects of the drugs. Last time it was because of diarrhea.  Time before that (different cat) it as lethargy and loss of appetite. 

Is your little one getting better now?

She's better but she's changed her food preference from cheap Friskies pate to pricey Merrick dry. I guess that's for the best. I was worrying about the quality and Purina lying to me anyway. She's a good water drinker so she's plenty hydrated. They get bottled. Thanks for responding.