TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the praise Vega's Dad, I appreciate it! I know sometimes it seems like....geez what do we worry about next ?! :dunno:
But I thought the site had a lot of good info, for pets & people.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this link before ...

GUT WRENCHING! Tell FDA to remove carrageenan from all food and the NOSB to vote to remove it from organic food - Cornucopia Institute

It contains a petition to remove CARRAGEENAN from pet AND human food. Also go around the site it has lots of information.

@#%& no more blizzards for me..

Lisa + angel Tazz who passed 2 yrs ago from Gastrointestinal Lymphoma
I'm with you. I don't want to start an argument about carrageenan but I will say the love of my life, Gray, passed last November from gastro lymphoma at the age of 4. I, personally can only equate it to the carrageenan in her food. I immediately replaced all food with carrageenan free for the rest of my babies. Can I prove the carrageenan took Grays life? NO. But I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions and my vet couldn't dismiss the possibility either. She is anti carrageenan as well. Sorry to rant, but I have never spoke about Gray on TCS before. I struggle terribly with the loss. But this was a post I felt very strong about.
FYI.. that is my sweet Gray as my avatar.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The other day, I was looking at the label of a brand of canned food and thinking :
"If I could remove rice, artificial flavor, guar gum and carrageenan from this can, it would be a great food".
Can I? I can't. I'm OK with by-product as long as the first ingredient is muscle meat. But I'm not OK with what I wanted to remove.
Without those, would the food look bad, smell bad or taste bad? I don't think so, or even so I don't care. But I do believe, without those things, that low end canned food would look much fancier and I probably wouldn't pay more for their high end products. Sorry for the conspiracy theory but I can't think of other reasons for those things being there except to force people go with high end/higher price when/if they can afford.