Another integration question.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Binx and Tea are good now. No more hissing by Binx, he bats at Tea to try to engage him in play.
Kaia is another story. She is so so so obsessed with going outside (Binx and Tea are indoor), she will sniff Tea through the door, hiss and growl, walk away and continue to beg to go outside. She doesn’t care that he’s in here and he’s new, she just wants out. How am I supposed to do this if she walks away every time? At this point, I feel that Tea could be out and about in the house with Binx.....but he is still locked in a bathroom as I keep slowly trying to get Kaia to meet him. I can’t force her to stay there, and she has no interest.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why cant you force her to stay some? We do that all the time to our cats (now cat, sniff) for various reasons including a storm coming, temperature going to be too low, saw another possibly hostile cat about or whatever.

Introductions need time together so the cats can work through it. Without time together, you won't get progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why cant you force her to stay some? We do that all the time to our cats (now cat, sniff) for various reasons including a storm coming, temperature going to be too low, saw another possibly hostile cat about or whatever.

Introductions need time together so the cats can work through it. Without time together, you won't get progress.
I can force her to stay inside, lol...but I can’t force her to stay near the new cat. She will come up to the gate, hiss/growl, and walk upstairs to pace by the door. If I bring her back down, same thing....rinse and repeat. I almost feel like Tea just needs to be loose in the house at this point (fecal came back clear of all parasites so I feel fine with them sharing boxes etc now). Binx and Tea are perfectly fine together...Binx is enjoying being around him and Tea is still figuring Binx out. Kaia is not home all day while Tea is out and about. It’s sort of a difficult situation.