Another hair type post

kittywhisper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my foster fail. I think he is around 5 or 6 months in the pictures. He has an eye injury from before he came to me. I know he has a van pattern but I don’t know how to describe it. He looks like a Turkish Van but I know the chances are low that he actually has some of the breed being a rescue cat and his sibling looking different. So I think he is a domestic longhair.

I think he is a long haired cat but I am not completely sure. His belly fur is really long. It is longer then my other kittens who I am also unsure of still. He has a very bushy tail with long hair. His ear furnishings are not too long though.

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
He's a Domestic Longhair. Some people call it semi-longhair when it looks like something between long and short hair length.

What a gorgeous boy. What is his name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittywhisper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are still trying to figure out his name. He only just was adopted. We called him his foster name until now but want a different name. I picked many that go along with the two other kittens names but my kids rejected them and come up with names that don’t suit him. 😔 😆

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We are still trying to figure out his name. He only just was adopted. We called him his foster name until now but want a different name. I picked many that go along with the two other kittens names but my kids rejected them and come up with names that don’t suit him. 😔 😆
Try perhaps some Ukrainian name... There are many worthy persons and animals there... Soldiers and rescuers. Well worthy to be named after and be proud of this... But NOT Wolodymyr Zelenskij... It could be misunderstood.

His tail is bushy. So its immediately visible he is a longhair. (or possibly, "semilonghair" but its the same gene). I expect the fur and esp mane will grow longer as he becomes adult and winterseason comes.

If he becomes visibly biggish, visibly bigger than most other cats, you may be able to compare him to a Norwegian Forest cat; whom are seldom van pattrned, but they do have triangularish faces, and ARE ofte bi colored.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittywhisper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try perhaps some Ukrainian name... There are many worthy persons and animals there... Soldiers and rescuers. Well worthy to be named after and be proud of this... But NOT Wolodymyr Zelenskij... It could be misunderstood.

His tail is bushy. So its immediately visible he is a longhair. (or possibly, "semilonghair" but its the same gene). I expect the fur and esp mane will grow longer as he becomes adult and winterseason comes.

If he becomes visibly biggish, visibly bigger than most other cats, you may be able to compare him to a Norwegian Forest cat; whom are seldom van pattrned, but they do have triangularish faces, and ARE ofte bi colored.
Thank you. All 3 of the kittens have bushy tails but at 5 and 6 months the fur still growing out. I think he is going to be on the small side. I think he is the oldest of the 3 I have but his paws are the smallest. I guess paws is not fool proof. He is pretty slim right now which is hard to tell with his long belly fur. He has put on weight since getting him but he is still under 6 pounds at over 6 months. The vet he saw said he was fine he just not a big build.