Another Case Of, Is This A Himmy Or Ragdoll

Janetorres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the indecision that I always had concerning my lovely Alex (he's 15 yo now).
I always thought he had a very distinctive face compared to other Himalayan cats. He doesn't have the small recessive nose they are known for. He's very gentle and affectionate!
What do you think?

Alex.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say more likely Himmy influence, as his face is quite near being brachycephalic. He could perhaps have doll-face Himmy as a parent, or a brachycephalic Himmy as a grandparent. Without a pedigree, he would be a blue point Domestic Longhair. Alex (and his buddy in the pic on the left) are both lovely!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janetorres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd say more likely Himmy influence, as his face is quite near being brachycephalic. He could perhaps have doll-face Himmy as a parent, or a brachycephalic Himmy as a grandparent. Without a pedigree, he would be a blue point Domestic Longhair. Alex (and his buddy in the pic on the left) are both lovely!
Thanks for replaying!
When I "saved" him from the pet shop where they were selling him, they game me a certificate saying he was a Himalayan... but I thought he looked kind of different and questioned that fact...

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 179943

His profile is not flat as you can see in this picture.
His face is pushed in farther than his forehead, though, so he's probably an off-standard brachycephalic Himmy. The problem with looking up pictures of pedigreed cats online is that you only see pictures of national winners and grand champions, who are the very best examples of the breed standard; since your cat (although lovely :)) is pet-quality, you will see some differences between him and the pictures you see online.

Janetorres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His face is pushed in farther than his forehead, though, so he's probably an off-standard brachycephalic Himmy. The problem with looking up pictures of pedigreed cats online is that you only see pictures of national winners and grand champions, who are the very best examples of the breed standard; since your cat (although lovely :)) is pet-quality, you will see some differences between him and the pictures you see online.
I'm very happy with him and love him dearly whatever he is ☺
But was very curious as people would be very impressed with him. As you might have guessed, I did not get him to participate in any show whatsoever.
Thank you for taking the time on this

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The himalayan persians tend to not be as much flatfaced as other modern type persians. So I myself I dont have no problems accepting him as a himalayan, I would even say he is pretty decent for one sold in a pet shop.
So for once, we have a buyer whom hadnt been cheated in any way. :)

And if we say pet quality, there wouldnt be no problems at all with admitting him into the persian himalayan range...

Janetorres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The himalayan persians tend to not be as much flatfaced as other modern type persians. So I myself I dont have no problems accepting him as a himalayan, I would even say he is pretty decent for one sold in a pet shop.
So for once, we have a buyer whom hadnt been cheated in any way. :)

And if we say pet quality, there wouldnt be no problems at all with admitting him into the persian himalayan range...
I don't approve of pet shops, was there to get some fish food and just couldn't... I just couldn't leave him there when I saw him! I didn't mind what ever breed he was, pure or not.