Annyeong Haseyo! 안녕하세요!

lizard260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi.  My name is Liz and I live with my husband in Los Angeles.  I'm 30.  We both grew up in multi-cat households, but until now we've only had hamsters as pets.  We have a rescue hamster named Hundra who is about 2 years old.

My husband is a writer and he works compulsively and is often lost in the land of his imagination, so I started feeling like it was time for us to get a cat to keep me company.  I don't have him yet (I'm picking him up next week) but I've been furiously prepping for his arrival.  His name is Hobak Meoli 호박머리.  He's a blue and white British Shorthair.  When I get him he will be a few days shy of 3 months old.  I've been getting weekly pictures since he was born .

I think I have everything set up.  The last thing I need to do is decide on a vet.  That's the toughest part.  I have six potentials of varying distance and cost.  Anyone in the Los Angeles/South Bay area want to chime in with recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobak is just beautiful, congratulations.

l would have sworn he was a Britik kitty (from here in Canada) until l saw his parents.

Poor Hundra! l hope s/he is okay with the new "sibling".

Welcome to TCS, I'm looking forward to more kitten pictures 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I'm assuming you're Korean/part-Korean? I'm Korean as well, and I am amazed you grew up in a multi-cat household! My family is pretty traditional and is not a fan of indoor pets. Aria is my first pet ever, and I was 36 when I adopted her. I didn't know what I had been missing out on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizard260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Andrya,

Thank you!  Hundra is a tough girl, but I don't intend to try to make a cat and a hamster best friends or anything delusional like that.  My mother in law has three cats and a hamster with no problems so far. 

vball91,

Thanks!  I didn't mean to be misleading.  저는 한국사람이 아니에요. 저는 한국어학생 이에요.  Since I gave my new cat a Korean name, I thought it was only proper to greet the forum in Korean.  I love Korean food and movies and I hope to visit South Korea and be a fluent speaker at some point. 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No problem. That actually makes more sense. I think your Korean is already better than mine! I hardly ever speak it any more.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  It's very nice to meet you.  Thank you for sharing the pictures of your lovely crew. 

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your kitten is adorable, but I may be a little biased since I LOVE British Shorthairs and have 2 myself. I can't wait to see more pictures of your kitty once you get him!